A Mysterious Bird

Ding Shun already in the forest. He finally meet with the phoenix that makes both Xuanli and Xi Luo in sleep paralyze.

"Then, human, tell me what you want." Ask the Phoenix.

"I want you to awaken 2 of my people that you give a sleeping spell to." Said Ding Shun.

"Why I have to? They both came to my area without permission. They might want to harm the forest that I protect in here." Said the Phoenix.

"Then, did you see them harming this forest?" Ask Ding Shun.

"No. But they tresspassed this forbidden forest." Said the phoenix.

"Then you are just talking without any specific proof." Said Ding Shun.

The phoenix annoyed. It soon turn into a human form. It's a girl, she wear a yellow hanfu, her face is so small, her eyes is big while she had a pretty small but pointy nose. Her lips color like a peach.

"Well, I own this forest. I can judge everyone who came to this forest, including you, you came here and try to disturb my peacefullness." Said the phonix.

Ding Shun suddenly looking at the river. His hand is moving, soon the river frozen under his magic spell. The phoenix surprised and run near the river.

"What are you doing?! What if the ecosystem inside are dead?!" Said the phoenix.

"Then cure my people, and I will turn the river to normal." Said Ding Shun.

"Alright..." Said the phoenix, closing her eyes and mumbling a spell and a few seconds later done.

Then Ding Shun giving a code to the soldier and guards to check if both 2 have awaken or not. The soldier nodding. Then Ding Shun used a spell and move his hand, the river turn to normal again.

"Alright. It's done. Now please leave this forest!" Said the phoenix.

"Alright. We will leave now." Said Ding Shun. While he turn around he look at the ground. A feather is falling on the ground. He stops then looking back to the phoenix.

"What happen?" Ask Ding Shun.

"Nothing! It's always like that, everytime I used my power, I lost a feather." Said the phoenix, which already turn back into a phoenix.

"Follow me to my palace. I can heal you." Said Ding Shun.

"I can't! I still have to protect this forest!" Said the phoenix.

"Don't worry. No one can enter this forest. I will put a barrier to this forest." Said Ding Shun.

The phoenix fly to his shoulder then follow him back to the carriage.

===================================================

Xuanli awake from her dreams. Then she looks at the clock, it's already 8AM. She went to the kitchen to drink, while taking a look at Ding Xue. Ding Xue already awake he is looking so focus at the window.

"You are already awake?!" Ask Xuanli.

"Yeah. Just awake." Said Ding Xue.

"Alright.." Said Xuanli.

"How about the breakfast?" Ask Ding Xue.

"Bread and sunny side up." Said Xuanli.

"Alright. After that my walking practice schedule." Said Ding Xue.

"Sure~ gotta cook first~" Said Xuanli.

"Alright." Said Ding Xue.

Xuanli then went to the kitchen to cook and few minutes later she went to his room and bring him the breakfast.

"Hey I have a new bet." Said Xuanli.

"What is it?" Ask Ding Xue.

"If I win the chess match later~ You will end the engagement." Said Xuanli.

"Sure, but if I win.... we will get married and move to NY." Said Ding Xue.

"Can you change your bet? We are still young. Not to mention, that bet is too hard for me!" Said Xuanli.

"Well, end the engagement is also hard for me." Said Ding Xue.

"You are so annoying eventhough you are sick! I will take this breakfast back to the table." Said Xuanli.

"Waitt!" Said Ding Xue, grabbing her arms, stopping her from taking the foods back.

"What now?"Ask Xuanli.

"I'm hungry...." Said Ding Xue.

"Here you go! You better thanks me!" Said Xuanli, leaving the room.

"Oh... and.. can you open the balcony door a little bit..?" Said Ding Xue.

"But your eyes...?" Ask Xuanli.

"It's alright.." Said Ding Xue.

In other side. In the forest. A small bird is flying towards the city. It is getting lost in a city. The color is reddish yellow. It is stopping in a rooftop and turn into a human form.

"Now... Am I stuck in somewhere?! It is North?... West? or... South?" She talks to herself and she looks at the window across the rooftop she is standing. Someone is looking at her. A guy is looking at her focusly and surprised. She is panicked and turn into a bird again then flew away.

"This is bad.. someone saw me turn into a human form?! Where is she?! I should just accept her when she offer me a help to her place!" Said the bird while flying away.

To be continued.......