Promise?

The next few days passed quickly, Loki and you got more involved in the jobs assigned.
It warmed your heart to see that Loki got along with the Avengers
-for most of the time. That is, when he's not playing some prank on them or spitting sarcastic comments at their faces.

The two of you had been on a nice pleasant date, sharing childhood stories, making jokes and laughing most of the time. His laugh was intoxicating.
He was intoxicating.
That night you ended up with him cuddling you, whispering sweet things in your ear. It had been a good week.

It was a bright Saturday morning when Stark set up a meeting with you. Quickly dressing up, you hurried to his office.

"Mr. Stark?" You called out from the door.

"Come on in." He said.

"Is everything Alright, Sir?" You ask anxiously.

"Not really, no. The cyber security department notified me that some confidential information has been leaked." He said, looking at his computer screen.

"That's horrible. I- I don't know how that could've..um...happened..." You stammer.

"Well, I need you to prepare a stronger database, which only the higher position employees can access. Can you do that?" He said more than asked.

"Yes Sir. I'll get to it right away." You say, backing up towards the door.

"And (y/n), I'll need that by tomorrow. If not, I'm not trying to scare you with this, but you are the prime suspect. Because you're the one who did the most recent security coding." He said, sugarcoating the gravity of the situation.

"Sir, I would- I would never do such a thing. Please believe me." You say nervously.

"Yes, yes (y/n). I know. But I can't speak for the others. Fortunately, the leaked information was not as important but still, if it's not taken care of immediately, action will be taken." He said and gave you a sympathetic smile.

You nodded slowly and walked out of the door, straight to your room.

You spent the entire day working, didn't even get enough time to have breakfast or lunch. You tried your best to incorporate all necessary measures to make the database as strong as possible.

You didn't even notice the sun going down and the stars illuminating the sky.

A knock on your door brought you back to reality.

"It's open!" You yell.

Loki walks in with a sweet smile on his face.

"Hello, love." He greeted with a smile and came to stand beside you.

"Ahh, Loki!" You squeal and jump up to wrap your arms around his waist.

He stiffened at the contact but soon melts and wraps his arms around you, engulfing you, pulling you closer to his chest, breathing in your smell.

"What's wrong? Is everything alright, darling?" He asks softly.

"No...", You say and sit down again, filling him in on what all had happened.

"Oh darling." He sighs, walking and standing behind you.

"Maybe this will help." He says and rests his hands on your shoulders, massaging softly. You felt a lot more relaxed as he hummed a song while pressing your shoulders.

You take in a deep breath as you think about what will happen if you're not able to do what you have to by tomorrow.

Your breathing becomes more rapid as tears fill your eyes, thinking about what would happen if you got fired.

You won't get to met Nat and Wanda. Or any other Avenger. Or Loki. At least not as frequently. You'd drift apart and never see him again.

Tears began running down your face at the thought of losing him.

"Shh." Loki whispers, turning your chair and kneeling in front of you.

"I am always here. For you." He said and caressed your hand.

He continued, eyes not leaving yours,"I will brave the deepest oceans and cross the highest mountains to find my way back to you."

You began crying even more bitterly.

"Loki...." You began but he interrupted you.

"No, let me finish. You are the most mesmerising creature I've ever come across. Everything about you is perfection. Your laughter puts a smile on my face, your tears make me want to destroy whatever caused it. I-.." he gulped looking down.

There was a moment of silence before he spoke again, "I have feelings for you. Like I've never felt before."

You smiled at his confession, happy tears replacing the ones before.

"Will you be mine?" He completed, nervously looking at you, waiting for your answer.

"Yours?" You ask.

"Mine." He repeats.

You take in a shaky breath,"What does that mean?".

He thought for a moment.

"A promise." He said finally.

Out of thin air, there was a silver ring in his hand.

"I am not ready for anything, but this is a promise ring that says if I ever will be, it will be with you, for you." He says, waiting for you to place your hand in his.

You looked down at the ring for a few seconds, each moment felt like eternity. Your worried, confused eyes found his hopeful ones.

Your mind raced, thinking, evaluating, processing.

~

SUP SEXIES!
THIS WAS SO FUN TO WRITE.

ALSO, IDK HOW MANY OF Y'ALL WILL REPLY TO THIS BUT THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE SMUT, SO ARE THERE ANY WORDS THAT YOU WANT ME TO/DON'T WANT ME TO USE?
(Cause like I've seen a lot of people find it weird to call it a cock, dick etc.)

DON'T FEEL SHY, JUST DROP A COMMENT.
AND VOTE TOO! IT'S FREE SO COME ON.

HOPE YOU GUYS LIKED IT AND I'M SO GRATEFUL FOR ALL THE SWEET COMMENTS, YOU GUYS ARE GREAT!

ONE LAST THING! HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO READ ONE CHAPTER? LEMME KNOW SO I CAN WRITE THAT IN THE STORY DESCRIPTION. THANKS!

LOTS OF LOVEEEE💕
987 WORDS (shorter than usual but I can't help it:( )

CATHY🦋