Chapter 53

Severus' POV)

"Loki trusts you."

I looked to Odin to find him watching the interaction between me and Loki.

"Yes, as I trust him."

Odin frowned slightly in thought. We stayed silent for the rest of the morning. I worked my fingers through Loki's hair as Odin chose a book to read from one of the many shelves. The silence was broken when Dobby appeared and snapped his fingers. Trays of food appeared on the kitchen table.

"Master Severus, lunch is ready."

"Thank you, Dobby."

Once Dobby disappeared, I looked to Odin to find a hint of surprise on his face. I smirked before waking up Loki.

(Loki's POV)

I was woken up by a light shake of my shoulder. I opened my eyes to find myself staring up at Severus. I smiled sleepily.

"Morning, Severus."

Severus smiled.

"Afternoon. Dobby brought us all lunch. How do you feel?"

I got up and stretched.

"Much better."

Suddenly I realized, Odin was present. Good mood gone.

"Let's eat."

Once we sat down to eat, I thought it was going to be another silent meal when our door opened and an owl swooped in, dropping a letter in front of me. Are owls allowed to do that?

Once the owl left, I looked at Severus whom was frowning at the letter. That's when I noticed, it's not just any letter...it was a howler. I frowned and slowly opened it. Suddenly, it flew out of my hands and began yelling at me in Umbridge's voice.

It screamed about how I graded the tests and that she was reporting me to the ministry blah, blah, blah. I snapped my fingers and suddenly, the howler burst into flames mid-sentence.

"Oops."

Severus rolled his eyes.

"What is she complaining about now?"

"Hmph. Likely, how lenient I was in grading the students' tests. It was there first test."

"Dumbledore needs to get rid of her."

"I could get rid of her."

"No throwing her into the lake, Loki."

I pouted.

"I wasn't going to suggest the lake."

Severus raised his eyebrow.

"Oh. Then what were you going to suggest?"

I frowned, looked away and pouted some more. Severus smirked.

"That's what I thought. Have you told Dumbledore that she's been threatening your position."

I shrugged.

"No. I figured he already knew. Plus, if he does something, they will find a way to make it look like Dumbledore is going against the ministry. Thus, Dumbledore will loose his job and Umbridge will take over..."

Severus frowned.

"So, what will you do?"

I frowned.

"I should go discuss this with her...or I could send my own version of a howler."

I smirked. I liked that idea better.

Later that afternoon, Odin, Severus and I found ourselves in the sitting room. Each of us were reading a book in, for once, a comfortable silence. Suddenly, there was a sound of an explosion and a shrilling scream followed. I grinned.

"Awe, she got my howler."

Soon after there was a loud knock on our door.

"Professor Loki! I need to speak with you RIGHT NOW!"

Severus glanced at me as he flipped to the next page in his book.

"Loki, I think you have a visitor."

"I didn't hear anything."

Severus chuckled, as a loud knock sounded again. Then something unexpected happened.

Odin made his way to the door. Severus and I looked on in shock as he opened the door. Umbridge's spew of curses died on her lips. Everything was silent for what felt like eternity.

"You will leave here. You have already disrupted our meal this afternoon. I will not have you disrupting the rest of my week here while visiting my son. Do you understand?"

"I...I...You....I..."

Odin closed the door in her face and came back into the sitting room to resume his book. I looked to Severus. That was different.

Maybe this week won't be as bad as you think.

Maybe, Severus...maybe.