Chapter 68

You drive to Peppers home to get ready for the funeral and knock on the door and see Pepper open the door and lets you in without saying anything. You go to Morgan's room and see her on her bed with tears on her face. She turns to see you, you pick her up.

Y/n: "I'm so sorry"

She hugs you as tight as she can and you can feel the instant depression feeling as everything she can feel. You feel so much guilt you just feel like screaming.

Moments pass and your in the living room with Happy, Pepper, Morgan, Rhodey, and Peter listening to a hologram that Tony left.

Tony' hologram: "Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn't always roll that way. Maybe this time. I'm hoping if you play this back, it's in celebration. I hope families are reunited, I hope we get it back, and something like a normal version of the planet has been restored. If there ever was such a thing. God, what a world. Universe, now. If you told me ten years ago that we weren't alone, let alone, you know, to this extent, I mean, I wouldn't have been surprised. But come on, you know? The epic forces of darkness and light that have come into play. And, for better or worse, that's the reality Morgan's gonna have to find a way to grow up in. So I thought I'd probably better record a little greeting... In the case of an untimely death on my part. I mean, not that, death at any time isn't untimely. This time travel thing that we're gonna try and pull off tomorrow, it's– it's got me scratching my head about the survivability of it all. That's the thing. Then again, that's the hero gig. Part of the journey is the end. [Tony suddenly gets up walking towards his camera] What am I even trippin' for? Everything's gonna work out exactly the way it's supposed to. [He leans down and smiles. He is looking straight at Morgan] I love you 3,000."

You go stand next to Steve, Bucky, and Sam as Pepper carries a wreath out of the house to an audience waiting outside for the intimate funeral. She lays the wreath on the lake. On top of the wreath is Tony's first arc reactor which Pepper had framed with the words "Proof That Tony Stark Has a Heart" back in 2008. Pepper, Morgan, Happy Hogan, & Rhodey, all being joined by Steve Rogers, Peter Parker, May Parker, Thor, Bruce Banner, Doctor Strange, Wong, Scott Lang, Hope Van Dyne, Janet Van Dyne, Hank Pym, Peter Quill, Nebula, Rocket, Teenage Groot, Drax, Mantis, T'Challa, Okoye, Shuri, Clint Barton & his family, Wanda Maximoff, Bucky Barnes, Sam Wilson, Harley Keener, Secretary Ross, Maria Hill, Carol Danvers, and Nick Fury, silently watching the wreath float away. You look down to the ground feeling so much emotional pain.

After an hour or so it was time to go put the stones back. You help Steve adjust the suit and he sits next to you.

Steve: "I have something to tell you"
Y/n: "Yeah?"
Steve: "If I stay back in time would you be ok with it"
Y/n:....
[you look in disbelief, you didn't know what to say, you don't want him to go but he deserves a happy ending]
Steve: "Y/n?"
Y/n: "I'm ok with it just as long as you come back"
Steve: "I will"

Bruce, Bucky, Sam, and Steve all head out outside to get ready for him to leave the stones. You stay inside for a bit and cry in silence. You look out the window and see him stepping on the pad. You run outside and give him the biggest hug back.

Steve: "What's this for?"
Y/n: "It's a thank you for everything"
Steve: "It was my pleasure"
[you get off the bad and your eyes begin to water but cover it up with a fake smile as he leaves]
Bruce: "And returning in, five, four, three, two, one–
[Steve doesn't appear on the pad. Bruce looks around the equipment]
Sam: "Where is he?"
Bruce: "I don't know. He blew right by his time stamp. He should be here."
Sam: "Well, get him back"
Bruce: "Im trying"
[your anxiety starts to rise]
Sam: "Get him the hell back"
Bruce: "Hey, I said, I'm trying!"
Bucky: "Guys...
[You and Sam turn around to see Old Steve sitting o the bench]
Bucky: "Go ahead"
[You walk over to him]
Y/n: "Dad?"
Steve: "Hey Y/n"
Y/n: "How was Peggy"
Steve: "I didn't go back for her"
[he gives you one look and you realize who he's talking about]
Y/n: "Nat?"
Steve: "Mhm"
Y/n: "How was she"
Steve: "Good"
[you smile big]
Steve: "Come give your old man a hug"
[you help him up and give each other the biggest hug ]