Chapter 53

Back to Steve
Bruce comes out as he hears Steve, Nat, Sam, Vision, and Wanda.

Bruce: "Uh, I think you look great. Uh... heh... Yeah. I'm back."
Nat: "Hi, Bruce"
Bruce: "Nat"
Sam: "This is awkward"
Rhodey: "Come and sit down there's a lot to catch up on"
[A few minutes go by]
Rhodey: "So we gotta assume they're coming back, right?"
Wanda: "And they can clearly find us."
Bruce: "We need all hands on deck. Where's Clint?"
Natasha: "After the whole Accords situation, he and Scott took a deal. It was too tough on their families, they're on house arrest."
Bruce: "Who's Scott?"
Steve: "Ant-Man."
Bruce: "There's an Ant-Man and a Spider-Man? Okay, look... Thanos has the biggest army in the universe. And he is not gonna stop until he... he gets... Vision's Stone."
Natasha: "Well then, we have to protect it."
Bruce: "We can't protect it, if we protect it someone will die, and we've already lost a few"
Vision: "We have to destroy it. I've been giving a good deal of thought to this entity in my head, about its nature. But also, its composition. I think if it were exposed to a sufficiently powerful energy source, something, very similar to its own signature, perhaps... its molecular integrity could fail. [Vision addresses Wanda as he nears her.]"
Wanda: "And you, with it. We're not having this conversation."
Vision: "Eliminating the stone is the only way to be certain that Thanos can't get it."
Wanda: "That's too high a price."
Vision: [Takes her face gently in both hands] "Only you have the power to pay it. [Wanda walks away, distressed] Thanos threatens half the Universe. One life cannot stand in the way of defeating him."

Steve: [Eyes diverted down] "But it should. [Looks up at Vision] We don't trade lives, Vision."
Vision: [Walking toward Steve] "Captain, 70 years ago, you laid down your life to save how many millions of people. Tell me, why is this any different?"
[Steve takes a breath, but before he has a chance to answer, Bruce speaks.]
Bruce: "Because you might have a choice. Your mind is made up of a complex construct of overlays. J.A.R.V.I.S., Ultron, Tony, me, the Stone. All of them mixed together. All of them learning from one another."
Wanda: "You're saying Vision isn't just the stone?"
Bruce: "I'm saying that if we take out the stone, there's still a whole lot of Vision left. Perhaps the best parts."
Natasha: "Can we do that?"
Bruce: "Not me. Not here."
Rhodey: "You better find someone, and somewhere fast. Ross isn't exactly just gonna let you guys have your old rooms back."
Steve: "I know somewhere."
Bruce: "Before we go, there's something I need to tell all of you"
Bruce: "When the ship landed on Sakaar I was stuck as the Hulk, but eventually Thor, and y/n helped me out, we had to destroy Hela that wanted to take over Asgard. We ended up taking everyone off of it on a ship and Asgard is now gone, but Hela was gone."
Steve: "Y/n was there, well where is she?"
Bruce: "She got stabbed when pushing Hela off of her. Loki cured her wound. As we were coming to Earth there was this massive ship. It was Thanos"
Nat: "Bruce, you might want to get straight to the point"
Bruce: "When the bifrost took me back here to Earth. Thanos used the power stone to make the the ship explode. I'm sorry but Thor, and y/n are gone"
[Steve lowers his head and a tear falls off his face]
Steve: "I failed her"
Nat: "No you didn't, she died trying to save us and she learned that from you"
Sam: "You taught her to be bigger than herself and that's what she did now it's our turn to do the same by destroying that stone"

Back to Y/n
Groot: "I am groot (how long til we get there)"
Thor: "You'll know when we're there. Nivadellir's forge harnesses the power of a blazing neutron star. [Nostalgically] It's the birth place of my hammer. It's truly awesome"
[You sit sadly beside the window and Thor see's you and decides to sit by you]
Y/n: "I could've saved him"
Thor: "We'll be ok lady y/n"
Y/n: "Thanos is the one from my dream, remember when I told you that weird dream I had before coming to Asgard?"
Thor: "It was a warning"
Y/n: "Yeah"
Thor: "I'm sure everything will be ok once we get what we need to kill Thanos"
Y/n: "And a new outfit"
Thor: "We'll get you a new outfit" *smiles gently
[A few moments later]
Thor: "You know, I'm 1,500 years old. I've killed twice as many enemies as that, and every one would have rather killed me, but none succeeded. I'm only alive because fate wants me alive. Thanos is the latest in a long line of bastards and he will be the latest to feel my vengeance. Fate wills it so."
Rocket: "And what if you're wrong?"
Thor: "If I'm wrong then...what more could I lose?"
[Thor sniffs and hastily wipes below his eye. He stands and seats himself at the front of the pod, beside Groot.]
Rocket: [Under his breath] "I could lose a lot. Me personally. I could lose a lot. [Rocket takes an eyeball from somewhere on his person] Okay. If fate does want you to kill that crapsack... you're gonna need more than one stupid eyeball. [He gives Thor the eyeball.]"
Thor: "What's this?"
Rocket: "What's it look like? Some jerk lost a bet with me on on Contraxia."
Thor: "He gave you his eye?"
Rocket: "He gave me 100 credits. I snuck in later that night and stole his eye."
Thor: "Thank you, sweet rabbit."
Rocket: "There's a few clothing in the back maybe you could make something out of it"
Y/n: "Thanks"
[Thor proceeds to put the eyeball in his socket. We are thankfully spared the explicit insertion.]
Rocket: "Hmm. Huh? Oh. I would've washed that. The only way I could sneak it off Contraxia was up my...[beeping] Hey, we're here!"
Thor: [Smacking his palm against the side of his head to get the eye calibrated] "I don't think this thing works. Everything seems dark."
Rocket: "It ain't the eye."