Chapter 19

Y/n: "Wait what am I going to do?"
Nat: "Your gonna be partners with Rumlow one of our best agents."
Steve: "He'll tell you what to do and if anything goes wrong me and Nat are there."
Y/n: "Thanks"

You get to the S.H.I.E.L.D building and you all put your suits and this is yours-

D building and you all put your suits and this is yours-

You get on the plane with everyone in.

Rumlow: "Hey y/n I'm Rumlow, your gonna be my partner this mission."
Y/n: "Hey so what is my part of this mission?"
Rumlow: "There are going to be many guards so your gonna help me fight them."
Y/n: "Ok but I'm still not too good at fighting yet."
Rumlow: "We all have to start somewhere."

It's been a few hours and y'all are flying over the Indian Ocean and your super nervous but contain it together.

Rumlow: "The target is a mobile satellite launch platform. The Lemurian Star. They were sending up their last payload when pirates took them 93 minutes."
Steve: "Any demands?"
Rumlow: "A billion and a half."
Steve: "Why so steep?"
Rumlow: "Because it's shield."

You look out the window from the jet and see a ship and it must be where the S.H.I.E.L.D agents are. You see Steve jump out the jet without a parachute.

Rumlow: "Here take this parachute and put it on."

You don't know how to put it on and he sees you struggling so he come over to you and clips the parachute on you and he looks at you for a split second with a smile which you find creepy but don't really care at the moment. You then jump off the jet with everyone participating on the mission and see a guard pointing a gun at Steve and when y'all's feet touch the ground Rumlow shoots the guard.

Steve: "Thanks"
Rumlow: "Yeah you seemed pretty helpless without me."

You go with Rumlow and Steve and Nat go to their spots.

Rumlow whispers: "You ready"
Y/n: "Nope but I don't really have a choice now"

You knock down the door with your kick and take down the guards with Rumlow.

Rumlow: "Good job y/n" *smirks
Y/n: "Thank you"

You all finish the mission nicely and head to S.H.I.E.L.D.

Steve: "I'm gonna talk to Nick and you can stay with Rumlow at his office ok."
Y/n: "Steve?"
Steve: "Yes?"
Y/n: "Do you think we can eat out after your done."
Steve: "Sure kid I'll take you wherever you wanna eat."
Y/n: "Ok thanks, I guess I'll go with Rumlow."

You go to Rumlow's office and sit down and he just stares at you and makes you very uncomfortable.

Y/n: "Why are you staring at me?"
Rumlow: "Just can't get over how you kicked ass out there and how young and pretty you are like your mother."
Y/n: "You knew my mother?"
Rumlow: "Sure did and you look just like her."
Y/n: "Do you mind telling me how you met her?"
Rumlow: "Not at all. So I was in my 20's when I got this job and I was training and I saw your mother coming back from a mission and she had to help me train so we spent a bit of time together and something between us happened but a few months later she found your dad and we decided to keep our distance."
Y/n: "Wait...so you and my mom had a fling?"
Rumlow: "Yes, and you look just like your mother."
Y/n: "Thanks"
Rumlow: "Have you ever had a boyfriend before this incident happened?"
Y/n: "Nope"
Rumlow: "Good" *smiles

After Rumlow made that statement his office was pure silence for a few seconds which seemed like hours but then Steve comes in.

Steve: "Ready to go?"
Y/n: "Yes"
Steve: "Let's go then. Thanks Rumlow for keeping an eye on her."
Rumlow: "Anytime Cap"

You and Steve walk out the SHIELD building and your starving cause you haven't ate since before running with Sam and Steve.

Steve: "So where do you wanna eat at?"
Y/n: "I was thinking maybe we can order some Chinese food and go and eat where we had that run with Sam. If that's fine with you."
Steve: "Sure thing"

You and Steve order some Chinese food and go and sit on table near where you Sam and Steve ran and you were starving so you were eating a bit fast. You were kinda weirded out by the way Rumlow was looking at you and talking to you.

Y/n: "Steve?"
Steve: "Yes?"
Y/n: "Is Rumlow flirty with everyone or..."
Steve: "He was flirting with you?"
Y/n: "Yeah"
Steve: "What did he say?"
Y/n: "Well he was telling me how young and pretty I was like my mother and keeps smiling at me so intensely and then he asked if I had a boyfriend before all this happened."
Steve: "I'll have a little talk to him tomorrow"
Y/n: "Thanks"
Steve: "No problem kid, he shouldn't be talking to you that way especially if you feel uncomfortable."
Y/n: "Can i ask you something?"
Steve: "Sure"
Y/n: "Did you ever speak to my grandmother."
Steve: "I sure did, she was the most nicest person you could ever talk to and she always told you the truth. I remember when Bucky introduced me to her he was so happy and talked about her all the time and how she was the one for him."
Y/n: "I remember when she use to talk about Bucky when I was little and how she met you."
Steve: "I remember how devastated she was when I had to tell her that Bucky feel off that train. She could barley stand up straight so I had to hold her and let her cry on my shoulder because I knew him much they loved each other."
Y/n: "I didn't know my grandmother took it so badly. She usually didn't show emotion when someone passes away. I guess Bucky's death really affected her."
Steve: "I saw a picture of your mother the other day and you do look like her and you look like your grandmother a lot."
Y/n: "My mom used to say that to me a lot."

You and Steve kept talking about your grandmother and then his favorite movies and his life before the whole 60 years in ice 🧊.

Steve: "We should go now I have something to do so, you'll be staying at Nat's for tonight."
Y/n: "And then I'll be back tomorrow morning right?"
Steve: "Yes"
Y/n: "Okay"

Nat then comes by in her car.

Nat: "Ready to go y/n"
Y/n: "I guess, bye Steve"
Steve: "Bye kiddo" *smiles

You and Nat go to her place and y'all get out the car.

Nat: "So what do you wanna do?"
Y/n: "Im like super tired so I'm gonna go to sleep really early today."
Nat: "I'll just be in the living room if you need me and we can watch a movie later tonight if you want."
Y/n: "Yes that would be great and can we have snacks?"
Nat: "Of course."

You go to the empty room Nat had prepared for you and take a nice good long warm shower and go to bed but all you can think is Loki. He has been in your mind since you've talked to him when he was here on earth. You regret not telling him how you felt but everything happens for a reason. You then fall asleep.

Later that night
Nat: "Y/n wake up we gotta go now!"
Y/n: "What? Why?"
Nat: "Just come on we have to go"
Y/n: "Okay Im coming"

You quickly get up and get in the car with Nat and then y'all get to the hospital. You were confused on why you were at the hospital