Chapter 40

Guards come and take y'all under arrest. They put you in a cell beside Sam and Clint. They shut you guys in and you sit there silently.

Y/n: "Do you think they'll be ok?"
Sam: "They always are"
Clint: "Don't worry y/n they'll be alright."
Y/n: "So now what?"
Sam: "We just wait"

A couple of hours pass and Tony comes in the chambers.

Clint: [clapping] "The Futurist, gentlemen! The Futurist is here! He sees all! He knows what's best for you, whether you like it or not."
Tony: "Give me a break, Barton. I had no idea they'll put you here. Come on."
Clint: [spits] "Yeah, well, you knew they'd put us somewhere, Tony."
Tony: "Yeah, but not some super-max floating ocean pokey. You know, this place is for maniacs. This is a place for . . .
Clint: "Criminals?"
Clint [He stands up.]: "Criminals, Tony. Think that's the word you're looking for." [He eyes Tony through the bars.] "Right? That didn't used to mean me. Or Sam, Wanda, or y/n. But here we are"
Tony: "Because you broke the law."
Clint: "Yeah."
Tony: "I didn't make you."
Clint: "La, la, la, la, la . . ."
Tony: "You read it, you broke it."
Clint: "La, la, la, la la..."
Tony: A"lright, you're all grown up, you got a wife and kids. I don't understand, why didn't you think about them before you chose the wrong side?"
Y/n: "He's right Clint we broke it now we have to pay for it."
[Tony walks away.]
Tony: "Thanks kid at least someone knows they were wrong"
Y/n: "I didn't say I was wrong I might've broke the law but it was because Steve was right"
Clint: "You gotta watch your back with this guy. There's a chance he's gonna break it."
Scott: "Hank Pym always said, you never can trust a Stark."
Tony: "Who are you?"
Scott: "Come on, man."
Sam: "How's Rhodes?"
Tony: "They're flying him to Columbia Medical tomorrow. So . . . fingers cross."
[Sam shakes his head.]
Tony: "What do you need? They feed you yet?"
Sam: [He raises his eyebrows.] "You're the good cop now?"
Tony: "I'm just the guy who needs to know where Steve went."
Sam: "Well, you better go get a bad cop, because you're gonna have to go Mark Fuhrman on my ass to get information out of me."
Tony: "Oh, I just knocked the 'A' out of their 'AV'. We got about 30 seconds before they realize it's not their equipment."
Tony: [Back in the cell.] "Just look. Because that is the fellow who was supposed to interrogate Barnes. [He shoes a holographic image of Doctor Broussard.] Clearly, I made a mistake. Sam, I was wrong."
Sam: "That's a first."
Tony: "Cap is definitely off the reservation but he's about to need all the help he can get. We don't know each other very well. You don't have to..."
Sam: "Hey, it's alright. [Tony leans closer to the window. Sam sighs and looks uneasy.] Look, I'll tell you... but you have to go with y/n she can't be in here with us it isn't right and as a friend."
Tony: "Easy."
[Tony walks out heading to Secretary Ross]
Secretary Ross: "Stark? Did he give you anything on Rogers?"
Tony Stark: "Nope. Told me to go to hell. Can I ask a favor?"
Secretary Ross: "Go ahead Stark"
Tony: "Im gonna take y/n since Steve can't I'll take care of her as a guardian"
Secretary Ross: "I don't need her to be running around doing idiotic things Stark"
Tony: "Got it"

Secretary Ross unlocks your cell and lets you leave. You hug Sam for helping you out and as well as Clint and Scott but mostly Sam.

Y/n: "Thank you for everything I'm sure I'll see y'all again no doubts"
[You leave the cell and head out to Tony and Secretary Ross.]
Tony: "I'm going back to the compound instead, but you can call me anytime. I'll put you on hold, I like to watch the line blink. Let's go y/n we'll get your things on the way"
Y/n: "Ok"

Ross stares at Tony who smiles as he gets in the chopper and the door slides shut. The chopper rises off the helipad and flies away. The doors close on the prison roof. Sitting in the chopper Tony un-clips the sling holding his left arm. He cradles his arm in his hand for a moment. Tony hands you another suit since the other one is locked up.