Chapter 62

Thor gets in the car carrying two bottled beers, one in each hand he sits in the passenger side.

Thor: "Want a drink?"
Y/n: "I can't drink and drive, and Dad would kill me if he smelt the slightest type of alcohol on me."
Thor: "Are you sure"
Y/n: "Yes Thor Im sure"

You turn on the car and turn on the radio, "Up" by Cardi B starts playing. Thor just drinks and vibes to the music, so does Rocket, Bruce is just sitting there awkwardly.

Bruce: "You know if Steve heard this he would go nuts"
Y/n: "I know that's exactly why I'm gonna play it loud and clear whenever we get there"

You turn up the music and drive back to the Campus. Wap is playing and you see Steve come out with his hands on his hips, you give him a smirk as you all get out the car.

Bruce: "I told her cap"
Y/n: "What, there is nothing wrong with a bit of music"
[Steve *sighs]
Steve: "Go inside"
[Y/n and Thor go inside]

As you go inside you see Stark and everyone working on the time heist machine. You decide to go with Nat, Scott, and where Bruce were.

Bruce: "I'm being very careful."
Scott: "No, you're being very Hulky."
Bruce: "I'm being careful."
Scott: [Holding up the red glass bottle] "These are Pym Particles, alright? And ever since Hank Pym got snapped out of existence, this is it. This is what we have. We're not making any more."
Rhodey: "Scott, calm down."
Scott: "Sorry. We've got enough for one round trip each. That's it. No do-overs. Plus two test runs. [He accidentally presses a button, and shrinks, and then grows back to his normal size.] One test run."
Y/n: "Scott you gotta calm down, your stressing yourself out, if your not ready just say it"
Scott: "All right. I'm not ready for this."
Y/n: "Thats alright, who's going to do it then-
Clint: "I'm game. I'll do it."
Y/n: "Clint!"
[You run up to him with a big hug]
Clint: "I missed you too kid"
[You help Scott take off the suit]
Y/n: "Are you alright Scott?"
Scott: "Yeah, I just wanted everything to go right"
Y/n: "It will"
Scott: "I hope so"
[Scott gives the suit to Clint and he adjusts it on]
Bruce: "Clint, now you're gonna feel a little discombobulated from the chronoshift. Don't worry about it."
Rhodey: "Wai-Wait a second, let me ask you something. If we can do this, you know, go back in time, why don't we just find baby Thanos, you know, and... [he makes a hand gesture suggesting that they strangle baby Thanos with a rope.]"
Y/n: "I agree"
Bruce: "First of all, that's horrible."
Rhodey: "It's Thanos"
Y/n: "It would be easier then to get all the stones"
Bruce: "It would except time doesn't work that way. Changing the past doesn't change the future."
Scott: "Look, we go back, we get the stones before Thanos gets them... Thanos doesn't have the stones. Problem solved."
Y/n: "Or we can kill baby Thanos before he knew about any stone to begin with, right?"
Clint: "Bingo"
Y/n: "Thank you"
Nebula: "That's not how it works."
Clint: "Well, that's what I heard."
Y/n: "Same here"
Bruce: "What? By who? Who told you that?"
Rhodey: "Star Trek, Terminator, TimeCop, Time After Time -
Scott: "Quantum Leap -
Rhodey: "A Wrinkle in Time, Somewhere in Time -
Scott: "Hot Tub Time Machine -
Rhodey: "Hot Tub Time Machine. Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure. Basically, any movie that deals with time travel."
Scott: "Die Hard? No, it's not one...
Rhodey: "This is known."
Bruce: "I don't know why everyone believes that, but that isn't true. Think about it: If you travel to the past, that past becomes your future. And your former present becomes the past. Which can't now be changed by your new future."
Nebula: "Exactly"
Scott: "So... Back To The Future's a bunch of bullshit?"
Bruce: "Alright, Clint We're going in 3.....2.....1!"
Bruce: "Ok we're bringing Clint back in 1.....2.....1!"

Clint rematerialise on the glass platform, breathing heavily and sitting on the platform. Nat runs up to Clint to see if he's ok.

Natasha: "Hey, hey. Look at me. You okay?"
Clint: "Yeah, it worked. It worked."
[Everyone prepares for a meeting]
Steve: "Okay, so the "how" works. Now we gotta figure out the when and the where. Almost all of us has had an encounter with at least one of the six Infinity Stones."
Tony: "Well I'd substitute the word encounter for damn well near been killed by one of the six Infinity Stones."
Scott: "I haven't, I don't even know what the hell you're all talking about"
Y/n: "Ok so to make it quick there are 6 of them Reality, Power, Mind, Space, Time, and Soul stones known as the the Infinity Stones they were six different singularities existing before the beginning of the universe. Once the universe was created"
Scott: "Is that how you got your powers?"
Y/n: "Yes, I got them from three stones, I'm pretty surprised I'm still alive, but it's for a reason, right?"
Steve: "Right"
Scott: "Wow, that's so cool, which three were they"
Y/n: "Power, Mind, and Reality"
Steve: "Very dangerous stones to have possession of"
Bruce: "Regardless, we only have enough Pym Particles for one round trip each, and these stones have been in a lot of different places throughout history."
Tony: "Our history. So, not a lot of convenient spots to just drop in."
Clint: "Which means we have to pick our targets."
Tony: "Correct"
Steve: "Let's start with the Aether. Thor, what do you know?"
[Thor sitting on a chair with his sunglasses on. It is impossible to tell whether he is awake or asleep]
Nat: "Is he asleep?"
Rhodey: "No, I'm pretty sure he's dead"
Y/n: "Should I poke his beard"
[Thor wakes up]
Thor: "Where to start? Umm... The Aether, first, is not a stone, someone called it a stone before. It's more of a... an angry sludge thing, so... someones gonna need to amend that. Here's an interesting story though, many years ago... My grandfather had to hide the stones from the Dark Elves... [He wiggles his fingers to imitate a spooky ghost] Wooooh, scary beings. So Jane, [An image of Jane Foster pops up on the screen] Oh, there she is. That's Jane... She's... an old flame of mine... She... she stuck her hand inside a rock this one time... and then the Aether stuck itself inside her... And, she became very, very sick. So I had to take her to Asgard, which is where I'm from. And we had to try and fix her. We were dating at the time, you see. I got to introduce her to my Mother... who's dead, [Thor starts to look broken, and seems on the verge of tears] and oh you know, Jane and I aren't even dating anymore, these things happen though you know, nothing last forever, [Tony starts to push him back to his chair] I'm not done yet, the only thing permanent in life is impermanence."
[you go sit by him, and give him a hug]
Tony: "Awesome. Eggs? Breakfast?"
Y/n: "I want Ramen"
Thor: "I'd like a Bloody Mary, thank you."

Everyone makes the food they wanted and get set up at the table to talk about getting the stones. Rocket get on the table in front of everyone.

Rocket: "Quill said he stole the Power Stone from Morag."
Scott: "Is that a person?"
Rocket: "Morag's a planet. Quill was a person."
Scott: "A planet? Like in outer space?"
Rocket: "Oh, look. It's like a little puppy, all happy and everything. Do you wanna go to space? You wanna go to space, puppy? I'll get you to space."
Nebula: "Thanos found the Soul Stone on Vormir."
Nat: "What is Vomir?"
Nebula: "A dominion of death, at the very center of Celestial existence. It's where... Thanos murdered my sister."

Nat looks up, and an awkward silence falls upon the room. She writes what Nebula has just said, and Scott makes to break the awkward moment

Scott: "Not it"

A few minutes pass and you begin to fall asleep on the couch. You hear Steve's voice.

Steve: "I'll take her to her room"
Nat: "She's been training nonstop, she needs all the rest she can get before this mission"
[You feel Steve picking you up and you wake up a little bit.]
Steve: "It's ok I'm taking you to your room"
Y/n: "What about the mission"
Steve: "I'll catch you up tomorrow morning"
Y/n: "Ok"
[You feel him putting you down on your bed and putting a blanket on top of you]