Chapter 18 part 2

Kei's POV:

Suddenly theres a loud bloom followed by glass shattering. Alarms blaring. Everything happened so fast yet so slow. I look over and yell, "SHOYO!" I try to run to the building, pushing people away, but someone was stopping me, "let me go!! Shoyo is in there!! My husband is in there!!!" My dad yells, "Kei! Calm down!" I drop to my knees and burst out into tears, "NO!!" Kenma was frozen in place, he couldn't believe what had happened. My mom kneeled down and hugged me, "everything will be ok honey." I hug her back, "I just want my Shoyo. I need him and I just lost him. I want my husband back." She rubs my back, "we don't know anything yet Kei, we need to wait for now he's still alive until we get told ok?"

I hear someone yelling, "let me through! That's my son in there!! I need to get him!" I look up, "d-dad?" He continues, "he's in an area of his building only he and I have access to! Let me through I need to get to my son!" I yell, "dad!" He looks at me, "don't worry Kei I'll bring him back for you." He runs inside the building with paramedics following close behind. Mom comes running over towards me, "Kei! Kenma!" Kenma shakily says, "a-auntie, Sho will be ok r-right?" She hugs him, "shh, of course he'll be ok. He's Hinata Shoyo."

~back with Shoyo slightly before the explosion~

Shoyo's POV:

Mr. Yuki takes a deep breath, "ok so we need to move the device very slowly so I can get to the backside. We need to do it slowly since we don't know how much movement this can take." Mr. Yamamoto and I both nod, we slowly lift the device so Yuki can get to the backside. Suddenly the device gets jostled and we all freeze and stop breathing, hoping it didn't trigger the timer.

~beep.... beep....beep..~

I look down and see a 3 minute timer starting to count down. I get tears in my eyes, "guys please leave, get out safely just find Hinata Kei and tell him I love him." Yuki looks at me, "I'm not leaving you here, I'm going to try to get this off you until the last second. Mr. Yamamoto get to the door, and if we cant get this off I want you to leave us here. Do you understand me?" He nods and walks to the door. Yuki is quickly trying to get the device off. We get down to 45 seconds Yuki says, "Yamamoto leave now!" Yamamoto leaves the timer now reads 30 seconds I say with tears, "Yuki, thank you for everything. You can still leave, quickly go."

Yuki and I try getting it loose enough to get it off me, I eventually get it loose enough and start taking it off, the timer says 10 seconds. I push Yuki towards the door yelling, "go!" I throw the device to the other side of the lab with seconds left, the blast goes off throwing me towards the door hitting the wall, while part of the wall and ceiling crushes my leg and abdomen, I scream out in pain as I black out.

I finally come through, when I hear mumbled yelling. I cough as the dust and settles. I look to see my abdomen and right leg under big chunks of the wall and ceiling, with people trying to get the door open. I just lay there in pain, pretty sure my leg is crushed and I can see some burns and scrapes on my abdomen going up my chest and down my arm. I start going in and out of consciousness again.

"Shoyo!! Where are you!! Shoyo!! Shoyo it's dad!!" I see my dad and start tearing up, "d-da-dad." He runs over, "Shoyo! Shoyo it's ok, I'm here now. We're going to get you out of here. Where you hurt at?" I hear only mumbling of what he's saying, my ears are ringing so much and I don't want to move because I'm in so much pain, so I just stare at him with tears streaming down my face. He has such a worried look on his face, I'm guessing it's because I'm not responding. I want to close my eyes. He slaps my cheek making me open my eyes.