Chapter 3

~Thursday morning ~

Shoyo's POV:

It's currently 9am, Kei's pratice match starts at 430 so I still have plenty of time to finish somethings here at my Tokyo office then head back to Miyagi in time to see his practice match. While heading to my office I see I have a text from Kei.

~texts between Kei and Sho~

Kei: hey Sho are you up?

Sho: Kei? You supposed to be in class right now correct?

Kei: y-yes..but the teacher hasn't arrived yet

Sho: ahh.. ok is there anything you wanted?

Kei: yeah. I have a practice match this afternoon so I wont really be able you to talk to you after school, it will probably be after dinner is that ok?

Sho: Kei, you can call or text me when you're not busy with school and volleyball. It's not just whenever I'm not busy, plus you're more of a priority to me than this company understand? So don't feel like you're bugging me by calling or texting.

Kei: the teacher is here, I love you Sho

Sho: I love you too Kei 

~end of texts~

Thinking to myself, how can that boy be such a softy yet so salty at times, man that boy is going to be the death of me. *smiles* suddenly my phone rings, seeing its my dad caling, I have this feeling that I won't like the conversation.

~Phone call between Sho and his dad~

Sho: dad? Please tell me you don't have bad news for me.

Dad: heh. Sunshine.... don't be mad..

Sho: what.

Dad: its about the new cybersecurity system they've been working on over here...

Sho: what about it? They already said it would take 2 extra months to finish everything I wanted fix for it.

Dad: yeah about that... They finished it this morning.

Sho: WHAT?!

Dad: so...when do you want to come back?

Sho: *sighs* dad I'm at the Tokyo office, I won't be able to come back for at least a month. I'm working on a new AI system, I've already pushed this new project off because of going to the US for the new products for over there, which I was told would be finished before I got there, but they weren't. I then waited 3 extra months over there waiting for them to finish and yesterday, literally the day I left to come back I asked them one final time they said it wasn't anywhere near finished, but it will be finished by the time I come back in roughly 2 months. So do you want to tell me how they went from nowhere near finished to completely done in 1 FUCKING DAY?!

Dad: Shoyo, I understand you're upset

Sho: upset?! no I'm pissed!!! I could've stayed to finish that fucking project if someone would've told me it was closer to being done! Now I have to either put a hold on that project or put a hold on the AI project that has been put on hold for the last 6 months!!! So tell me why there was so much miscommunication.

Dad: I'll figure out why there was so much miscommunication. Do you want me to finish this project for you son?

Sho: *groans* no, I'll be there for this weekend, tell them it better be 100% by this weekend otherwise they're fired. I've gotta go dad, talk to you later