Chapter 39: Let your rapidity be that of the wind

Start from the beginning

Leading with the barrel, we crept up the staircase, my pistol raised and ready for anything. Memories flashed before me of being here with Sasha. As we made our to Sasha, with my free hand, I pushed the door opened opened as we inched into to the stylish, spacious office. 

Pictures hung on the wall of me and Sasha in Berlin, and Tallinn. My eyes burned with betrayals within. The beast really wanting to come now. But I wouldn't let it. MY eyes darted back and forth searching for the safe, it had to be somewhere in here?

Nandika pointed over to the panting on the wall. "Lex, over here I think it could behind this painting?"

Strolling over to the painting, I slipped back my Glock back into hip holster, as I pulled out a pair plastic latex gloves and put them on. After that I gently removed the painting of the Paul the 1st, placing it on the desk and turned the dials slowly until the door on the safe clicked opened.

The door clicked opened, inside the safe  there were all kinds of documents on everything you could think of. Politicians who had been blackmailed for favors, but that didn't interest right now. My eyes narrowed on the address that was nestled between some files. Grabbing the book, I flipped through the pages until I came across the address for the compound, and ripped the page from it. I Placed it my pocket,closed the door on the safe, as we  darted out of the office racing down the staircase.

We sprinted out through the doors heading for the Dodge Ramp, as I grabbed the door on the driver-side of the truck and slid in closing the door behind me. Nandika climbed in as she closed her door behind her. We sped through the city as race down the narrow street on way the compound

I remembered my father saying that being an agent for the CIA wasn't easy. Not knowing if you were going to get killed on an assignment or who to trust. Those same thoughts ran through my mind. My instincts were working overtime gearing me up for we were going to face. This wasn't going easy at all, but I have been through worse and came out successful. 

 We pulled up to What looked  liked a massive mansion that was surrounded by a security gate around it, with armed men  clutching MP5 submachine guns in their grip, and black balaclavas covered. We stepped out  as we climbed out, while I jumped in the back of the, flipping open the Storm Hardigg as I pulled out my M107 sniper rifle. I swiftly assembled it, slotting in a 10 detachable round box, and pulled out the tripod.

Nandika sprinted for the gate with all her might, as I peered through my scope on the sniper rifle. My finger rested on the trigger, and my breathing slowed down. Adjusting the elevation turret, I finally had  the target in the crosshairs and pulled the trigger. A bullet sped out  through of the muzzle splinting the mercenary head open like a melon. Nandika drew her pistol, darted through the gate as it flew open and gunfire erupted.

Armed mercenaries bolted toward her, with MP5 gripped in their hands, raised and ready. She fired a shot, taking down one of the mercenaries. Her eyes narrowed on the mansion. She knew that Nikolai had to be in the armory part of it. She headed for the headed for the mansion as she clicked her Bluetooth earpiece and says "Lex, I'm heading for the mansion now, Nikolai should be in the armory."

"I'll keep overwatch out here," I voiced through her earpiece, as I fired some rounds at the armed men who opened fire.

Nandika bolted up  the steps of the mansion as the mercenaries opened fire, she pivoted raising her pistol and fired some shots at them. She felt her own heartbeat, and the adrenaline was flowing through her. She burst through the door as she grabbed the door handle. Her instincts were on high alert.

She moved discreetly down the fancy corridor, as her eyes darted back and forth, searching for the armory. It had to be somewhere she thought to herself.

If there was any chance of getting to Nikiolai, it was now or never. She stayed to the wall as she could, hearing voices coming within the armory. Peering around the corner her eyes narrowed on two women who she knew had to Grey and Rose it looked liked they were talking two men, one with a limp and the other in was suite.

"This doesn't look good Lex. Grey and Rose are in the armory along with Nilokai and the arms merchant," she voiced through my earpiece.

"Agents Charles abort. It's too risky with Grey and Rose there," I asserted through her earpiece.

"Are you sure Lex, This could be our only chance to get Nikolai," she inquired.

"Yes, don't worry. We'll get Nikolai another time I'm sure of it," I stated.

With that, she pivoted just as the arms merchant/cyber terrorist turned toward the door, and nodded for Grey to go and check out it. In which she did. Nandika Bolted up the corridor, heading for the door. Grey darted after her with her pistol, firing shots at her. She sprinted out through the gate and darted over to the truck. I could pull the trigger on my sniper rifle, put Grey into the ground, but I knew this was not time for it. I folded up the tripod, tossed the it back into case and closed it. Jumping out of the back,I grabbed the door on the driver-side, slid in closing the door behind and sped down the street.