48

After the night that I found out about Chester, Marcus on I were as on edge as ever. That whole week consisted of figuring out how to find that psychotic maniac. A whole lot of brainstorming was involved because how do you exactly find out where a psychopath is hiding?

The following Monday after school is when we got the idea. The only way to find a psychopath, is to think like a psychopath.

Marcus and I clearly weren't equipped for that job so who was the most psychotic person we knew that would help us find Chester?

Scorpio Slasher.

It wasn't exactly a full-proof plan and there were parts we'd have to figure out along the way, but this was our best option right now.

I found out that they kept Scorpio Slasher in some dungeon-like cell. The catch was that the cell was under the basement. I didn't even know there was an 'under the basement'. Apparently no student has ever been down there, so we had no idea what horrid things we would find. We were willing to take the chance, though.

After searching for hours in the basement we finally found the door that would lead us to Slasher's cell. We walked down the stairs hesitantly, waiting for this to go wrong in one of the many ways it could.

"There's no better way, is there?" I asked in a whisper as I walked down the dark, creepy, old looking stairs.

"Nope." Marcus whispered back.

"What if we go to the crime scenes?" I asked unsurely as we reached the bottom of the stairs.

"And do what, Batman? We're not detectives. We don't know how to find criminals, let alone a serial killer. Besides, we're running out of time." Marcus said as he walked down the hall to a locked gate.

He knelt down and took an unfolded paperclip out of his pocket, picking the lock. As he did that I looked around at the small cramped hallway. There were torture devices and whips hung up on the walls, like they were proud of inflicting pain onto someone. Even if that someone was a serial killer. Suddenly the lock clicked making my attention turn back to Marcus. He stood up and looked back at me.

"We need an expert." He said before sliding the gate open.

Once the gate was completely open it revealed Scorpio Slasher sitting in his wheelchair, chained to it as usual. His cell was surprisingly okay. It was clean and organized. He had his necessities to live, so I'm guessing they couldn't have been torturing him too badly.

"Well... it's the self-righteous boy who hates bullies and me. I am beside myself with anticipation." The Slasher spoke sarcastically.

"God, I forgot how much I hated him." I muttered to Marcus.

"And his girlfriend who hates bad people, is it? Today is my lucky day." He said sarcastically again.

"We need help." Marcus started.

"So you came to the tiny-dicked egotist?" Slasher said.

"Yeah." Marcus gave up.

"There's a serial killer. He's a problem. We need to find him." I spoke.

"Need? Interesting. So many connotations." Slasher said looking back and forth between us, mentally asking for an explanation or more details.

"We were at the boys' home together. We were roommates. He used to hurt me." Marcus explained.

"Oh." Slasher said sounding like he was getting interested.

"Now he killing people. Calls himself Fuckface." Marcus gave him further details.

"That is quite the name. You ever consider looking where idiots gather?" Slasher said, reaching over to his desk and grabbing his mug filled with some sort of liquid, taking a drink.

"We thought you might have some insight into your own kind." Marcus insulted slightly.

"My kind? Me and this gentleman are not even the same species." Slasher clarified as he put his mug back down on his desk next to him.

"You're both psychopaths." I said bluntly.

Silence overtook us for a second. Scorpio Slasher was visibly debating this with himself in his head.

"I am curious." He spoke up again.

"About?" I asked.

"Okay, let's cruise, daddy-o. What drives his insides? I mean, what was the thing that he couldn't help but talk about in that boys' home?" Slasher asked Marcus.

"Dogs." Marcus said vaguely.

"Bored already." Slasher scoffed.

"No, he's really into dogs." Marcus said trying to send Slasher a mental message of what he meant.

"Oh, oh..." Slasher said in realization before doing a vulgar motion with his hand referring to sex.

"God..." I whispered under my breath as I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, well, that is horrendous... almost pre-human. I'll help... but not from here." Slasher said as he got up from his wheelchair, still chained to it but able to at least stand and walk a couple feet.

"Back up." I threatened as I took my knife out of my boot held it up, Marcus and I both backing up in the process.

"You said need- poor word selection. It gives away so much, because I have a need, too. I need to sit in Pancho Villa's Taqueria and enjoy a carnitas burrito." Slasher said sternly as he stood in front of us.

"That's it?" I asked.

"Oh, it's an unsettling offer, I know, but you wouldn't have come here if you weren't very, very desperate." Slasher said sternly.

Marcus and I looked at each other before looking back at him.

"Fine, you'll get your carnitas burrito." Marcus gave in.

"But don't even think about tricking us." I threatened.

"You hold up your end of the deal and so will I." Slasher assured us looking satisfied.

I slid by knife back into my boot and looked at Marcus.

"I know how to get out of here. You get Scorpio Slasher." I said to him.

With that we were off to catch a serial killer.