32

After the night Billy insisted we kill his dad we went on with our week. Not that it was a normal week at all. Marcus and I spent it all contemplating on weather or not we'd help our friend. We wanted to, we really did, but with all the shit that'd happened recently did we really need something else to worry about? A murder nonetheless.

At the end of the week on Friday we told Billy we'd do it, but we couldn't go alone. Three teenagers from an assassin school taking a road trip to kill a child abuser, not to mention without their license, would be an absolute train wreck. Therefore we'd asked our friends to come with, our friends consisting of Willie, Saya, and Maria. We took Willie's car early on Saturday morning, early meaning 5:00 am.

Jesus, it was was to early for this shit. The sun was barely up yet.

Saya drove, I sat next to her, and Marcus sat next to me. In the back Billy sat behind Saya, with Maria next to him, and Willie who took up 60% of the backseat next to her. Willie's car was a convertible, so right now we drove with the roof off, using the fresh air instead of the a/c. We had limited gas money if you couldn't tell.

"I do this thing after I'm around people where I overanalyze every interaction to see where I went wrong, who I offended. I sit up all night worrying I didn't catch the right cues or I said the wrong things." Marcus explained his social struggles as the the others in the back passed around a cigarette.

"Some might call that socially retarded." Saya teased, glancing over at him and then back at the road again.

"Or just too dumb to put the right words together." I went along with Saya's teasing.

Marcus looked at us with a smile before rolling his eyes playfully.

"Human interaction is just a manipulation dance- a way for people to get what they want from each other. Popular people- they are just the best liars." Marcus stated his thought process.

"It gives people a reason not to act like assholes." Saya replied.

"Everyone is an asshole." I stated.

"You two are assholes." Marcus scoffed teasingly after taking a swing of the soda he brought along and passing it to me.

"I am the most well adjusted person in this car." Saya said with a smile as I passed the soda to her.

"Yeah, whatever that means." I agreed, not exactly knowing what I was agreeing with.

"Mm, does 'well adjusted' go on drug-fueled road trips and use fake IDs to illegally gamble?" Marcus asked.

"Okay maybe Saya is well adjusted. I'm just impulsive." I said as Saya passed the soda back to me, having taken a drink already.

"No shit." Marcus teased.

"Please, don't condescend me like you don't love it. I'm the most fun person here." I said before taking a swig of the fizzy liquid.

"Yeah right. I am." Marcus disagreed with a smile, almost like he was trying to get me riled up.

"Shut up, Arguello. I'm the one everyone is desperate to invite to parties. You're my +1." I said with a cocky tone before passing the almost empty can back to Marcus.

"I didn't lose my virginity to Becky Cruz. I diddled her, but she didn't reciprocate." Billy said, having a conversation with Maria and Willie in the back.

"Don't be a pig." Maria said with her face scrunched up in disgust.

"Are you sure that's a cigarette and not weed, dude." I interfered in the conversation, making fun of Billy's delusional self.

"All I'm saying is you take a dude that far down the hall and then slam a blue door on his balls, would it kill her to jerk me off into a crusty napkin?" Billy said taking the cigarette back from Maria.

"Yes Billy, yes in fact it would." I made fun of him.

No matter how badly Billy had blue balls, I'd never jerk him off, and he's my best friend.

Maria let out a laugh as Willie rolled his eyes at Billy's stupid statement. I guessed Billy saw his eye roll and addressed him now.

"You never had to sulk home with a pair of blue plums?" Billy asked Willie.

"Oh god, do we really have to talk about your blue balls, Billy?" I asked.

Willie ignored my comment and replied to Billy's question.

"A girl gets anywhere near me, and she begging for it." He said with his accent.

"That's 'cause you only date airheads." Maria justified.

"Who, Ruthie? That was one time, and she's all talk." Willie said chewing down on the toothpick he had in his mouth.

"She talks like a total asshole." Maria said.

"Much like you." I said with a fake smile which Maria returned.

Maria and I hated each other. Rumor has it that she hates me because Chico wanted me while he was with her. Chico and I met a long time ago, but after we met he somehow caught feelings for me and even offered to take me into the Soto Vatos so I wouldn't be outcasted. Once I almost killed him he got the message that I wanted nothing to do with him, though. After that humiliating incident he went crawling back to Maria, as a second choice obviously. Ever since then Maria hated me. I despised her as well, not because of any Chico drama, just for the sole fact that she was a Legacy bitch who cared about nothing but appearance.

"Dating advice coming from you? Shit I wonder how Chico gonna react when he finds out you snuck away." Willie reminded Maria of the argument she was bound to have with Chico when she got back to King's.

"You have to ask that asshole Vato for permission to go everywhere?" I asked her.

"Don't act like you care." Maria said rudely.

"Trust me, I don't. I don't even like you. I like abusive boyfriends less, though. Get out of that relationship, dude. That psycho will fucking kill you one day if he gets the chance." I warned.

Maria rolled her eyes and stayed quiet. She knew I was right, and she'd tried to get out of that relationship several times now. Chico was toxic and abusive though, he could always find a way to get her to stay, weather it involved him physically hitting her or emotionally traumatizing her. Once he even traumatized her enough to the point where she had to be sent to a mental institution. She didn't come back for weeks, but once she did she was different. Rumors spread and the word got out that she was diagnosed with Bipolar disorder, probably from all the shit Chico put her through. The fact that she had to go through all that made me feel bad for her sometimes. I would help her if I could, trust me, no matter how much I hated her, but she wouldn't let herself be helped. She acted all independent and made excuses for all of Chico's bullshit, so it seemed like the only one that could get her out of this endless cycle was herself.

The sun started to come out. God, the blazing hot sun in the middle of Vegas, not to mention it's hot as shit because it's spring. This'll be fun.