10

All of us, blood soaked and all, walked into the lunch room looking as pissed as ever. None of the other students payed mind to us. This was King's, dude. This was normal.

"Come on, everybody. Vote Shabnam for class president. I'll win with or without your help, but I'd much rather have your support. We need more nurses in the infirmary. We need stalls separating the group showers. If you put me in charge, there'll be-" Shabnam spoke to everyone eating lunch before Viktor threw a trash can on top of him.

"Very funny Viktor." Shabnam said muffled from the trash can.

Chico then spit at him and everyone else passed by him. That is, everyone except Marcus. That boy just had to play hero didn't he? Oh and you guessed it, I stayed with him. We both went up to Shabnam and helped him out of the trash can. He got up and straightened himself out before turning to look at us.

"Thanks guys." He said.

"No worries." Marcus said as I sent him a light nod instead of words.

"Um, Shabnam." He introduced himself with a handshake.

"I know who you are." I said sarcastically.

He sent me a smile. Has this dude never heard of sarcasm?

"Rock out the vote." He said giving me and Marcus some stupid nerd merchandise he made for the election.

"Thanks." Marcus said emotionlessly.

We both walked away to get lunch.

"I'm gonna need you to never talk to that fucker again." I whispered as we were in line.

"Why not?" He asked.

"Because have you seen him? It's self explanatory, Marcus. We're Rats, and we may be one of the lowest ranks in this school, but Shabnam? Shabnam is worse. Shabnam is the definition of annoying-ass nerds." I said as I got my lunch served to me.

"He got trash thrown at him, dude." He reasoned with me.

"Yeah, we all wanted to do it." I said in an obvious tone as we got out of the lunch line, lunch tray in hand.

"Whatever." He rolled his eyes as we sat down at the Rats table.

"U2, Whitesnake, Banana-bloody-rama, and Def Leppard. Sweet Lord Jesus." Lex said going off about his new dumbass topic.

There's a new one everyday at this point.

"Hey assholes." I said as I sat down.

"Jesus, what happened to you two?" Petra asked.

"Lin happened to us. I hope you guys completed that fucking assignment." I said.

"Yeah I heard about that. Brutal if you ask me." Billy said.

"When have we had an assignment that isn't?" I asked.

Marcus was looking down at the table.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked him as I nudged him a bit.

"What happened to the kids who didn't make it through? Are they-" He asked before Petra cut him off.

"Dead." Petra said with no emotion.

"No, gothic Oompa Loompa monks revived the losers and whisked the back from whence they came." Billy assured him.

"Yeah, relax Arguello. Not like you're gonna die in here." I said with a smile.

Marcus then looked over to the lunch line making the rest of us look. There stood Shabnam waving at me and Marcus. Marcus sent him a slight wave back but I just rolled my eyes pretending not to know him.