21

Classes had ended a while ago, and me and Marcus were chilling in his dorm. He was writing in his notebook as I played video games on Shabnam's expensive gaming system which Marcus taught me how to use.

"I get why you're so addicted to this shit now." I said as I stared at the screen.

"Yeah, I bet you do. You haven't looked away from the screen for an hour." Marcus chuckled.

"No shit! It's been that long?" I asked in a shocked way but I still kept looking at the screen.

"Yeah." He chuckled again.

Silence overtook the room for a couple seconds as I glanced back at him.

"What are you writing?" I asked out of nowhere.

"Oh, nothing, not important." He said as he closed his notebook and came to sit next to me.

"Alright." I shrugged it off and continued to play.

After a couple minutes I won a match and started to celebrate.

"Fuck yes! Suck my dick, asshole!" I said as I threw the controller on the bed and shot up doing a ridiculous victory dance.

"Jesus, I really shouldn't let you play with this thing that often." Marcus laughed.

"Fuck off, Arguello." I laughed as I came back to sit in the bed with him.

We laughed a bit before it died down and I changed the subject.

"You know, you winning in class was like complete bullshit right?" I asked with a smile trying to get him riled up.

"Shut up. You're jealous." He laughed.

"Absolutely fucking not. I helped you. Admit it." I said as I turned to him.

"Zane said I had it in the bag without you." He said cockily.

"Oh you're gonna get it." I said as I tackled him.

I tackled him onto the bed starting to play-fight with him as we both laughed. He fought back a bit but of course he never won these things. Never against me anyway. After a couple minutes I had him in a headlock.

"Give up?" I asked teasingly.

He tapped out within a couple seconds. I doubt he could breath with how tightly I was holding him so I don't blame him.

"Pussy." I laughed as I got off him and flopped onto the bed next to him.

"I never understand how you always win those." He said slightly out of breath.

We both laughed before hearing a click of the door. We sat up quickly, not wanting whoever was about to come in to think we were doing anything. It did look pretty bad, though. Our hair was all messy, we were out of breath, and our ties and jackets from the uniform were all messed up. When the door fully opened we saw it was just Willie. Our expressions turned angry all too quick when we realized it was him.

"Did I interrupt something?" He said pointing at how messy we looked.

"We weren't fucking, dumbass." I said.

"Oh, right. Anyway, killer study hall, yo. Got this new kid Icarus business. Supposed to be some hard-ass shit." Willie said as he walked towards us talking about his study hall session, and put his bag down.

"Now you can talk to us?" Marcus asked rudely.

"You still trippin' on that little two-step in the hall? Nothing I can do about hazing week." Willie said with a smile as if we were joking.

"Mm, can't defy tradition." Marcus hummed.

"Exactly." Willie replied not picking up on the sarcasm.

"Witch hunts, slavery, Columbus Day." Marcus stated.

"What's wrong with Columbus Day?" Willie asked.

"Not the point, shithead." I piped up rudely.

"Look, we got a lot of reading, and we don't have a Legacy to fall back on." Marcus said rudely as he picked up the school book that was set next to him.

"Correction: you have a lot of reading. I'm gonna finish my game." I said as I grabbed the controller again.

"Guys, I can't help what I was born into." Willie explained.

"Look, man, I- I can't- I can't be friends with someone who's ashamed of me, not after what I did for you." Marcus said referring to the murder he committed for Willie.

"Keep your mouth shut about that, man." Willie said all of a sudden threateningly.

"Or what? You'll pacifist the shit out of me?" Marcus said sarcastically.

I let out a laugh making them both look at me.

"What dude? He's right. We can't be friends if you're just gonna be an asshole in public." I said to Willie.

Willie looked back and forth between the both of us, almost like he was waiting for one of us to say something again. Once he realized we were both done with the conversation so was he. He picked up his bag and left, slamming the door shut.

"How mad do you think he is?" Marcus asked as we both kept our eyes on the door.

"Don't know, don't care." I said as I looked back at my controller.

"Yeah, me too." He agreed as he picked up his journal and pen again.

A blind man could see that Marcus cared. As much as he played it off like he didn't, he really did. Although Willie was a fake bitch, Marcus wasn't. Marcus cared about him, but his stubborn ass wouldn't admit it, so I wouldn't push it.