20

After first period, our second was Atypical Combat Skills. This class was three steps up from our first one. Most students treated this like our acting class. Master Zane acted as a killer, kidnapper, etc. and we had to win a fight against him. I give the dude credit for coming up with so many different scenarios in one semester.

He put us into groups today. Luckily, I was paired up with people who weren't half bad. Saya was one of, if not the best assassin in school next to me. Maria had a lot of experience working with a gang of Vatos all her life. Marcus was... well... a murderer. And I'm top of my class. We were bound to get the highest grade today, and I desperately wanted to brag to the Legacies about it. It would definitely sting no matter how much they hid it, especially on hazing week.

We'd planned out our strategy to take down Master Zane by now. Today he was acting like a kidnapper asking for a ransom. Very original. If you couldn't tell, that was sarcasm. We'd planned to go through the back window while Zane was distracted, which was exactly what we did.

"I don't get paid, I will send your boy back in pieces." Zane said with the phone he was speaking into in one hand, and a knife in the other.

A Legacy boy was playing the part of the kidnapped person. He was tied up to a chair with a black bag over his head.

"I will do a Van Gogh on him." Zane said as Saya opened the window.

Zane was really selling it this time, wasn't he?

"You can avoid that. All you gotta do is pay me, right? Just let go of the green and save Chad from my mean machine. You hear me? I'll just keep the rest of my dirty business a secret. You'll go to your grave just wondering what I did." Zane spoke as we all snuck up behind him, first Saya, then Maria, me, and lastly Marcus.

All of a sudden, there was a loud thud that came from behind me. We all looked back to see Marcus face first on the floor. For a murderer, he wasn't good at this shit. He looked up cautiously as I looked back at him disappointedly smacking the palm of my hand onto my forehead loudly. Everyone looked forward to see Zane looking back at us acting angry. Shit was about to go down.

"Ah. Come to have the fun, sweet pickles?" Zane said to us as he put the phone down.

"There's nothing sweet about us." Maria said through her skull painted face and poofy dress.

"Oh, sweet pickles, I'm gonna have you in a sandwich pie. Gonna run my-" He said eerily before I cut him off.

"Enough bullshit." I said before running up to him and throwing a punch.

It was Saya's turn to kick him with her hard ass combat boot. Then Maria took a swing at him before he kicked her to the side. He took a swing at Marcus who was running up to him. Then him and Saya got into a heated fight punching and kicking each other as much as humanly possible. He grabbed her by the neck and slammed her into the coffee table which broke as soon as she hit it. Marcus came at him again and he tripped him, making him fall on the floor. He got on top of Marcus, slapping him and punching him. Then I took it upon myself to tackle him from behind since Saya and Maria had had enough. I was on top of him choking him out as much as I could, but he was still punching down at Marcus. Then Marcus finally grabbed the phone and slammed him in the head with it. I got off him and let Marcus finish the job as he choked him out with the telephone cord. Now the dude was really choking. Within a matter of seconds Zane tapped out. Marcus let go of the cord and Zane took a deep breath while coughing.

The rest of the students came from behind the wall and the 'kidnapped person' stood up taking the bag off his head, looking unamused. Marcus, Saya, Maria, and I had our own minor injuries to worry about. I had a scratch on my forehead so bad that if it was worse I would definitely need stitches. Marcus had a split lip added to the scar he had on his nose from fighting Chico. Maria and Saya had a couple of bruises and probably more that would be forming as the day went on.

"Now, class, as you just witnessed, sometimes you gotta fight with bare hands like the guru of the white karate, Chuck Norris, 'Firewalker'." Zane explained tiredly as he got up and took off the ridiculous wig he wore to play the part.

"Scoom! Skam! Wham-dam! Other times, you gotta improvise." Zane finished.

"You are twice our size." Saya said unamused.

"Size, schmize. When I was a bouncer at Chest of Drawers-AKA Check for Sores-on the Jersey Shore, every Italian from Seaside to Sicily tried to take a swing at ole Master Zane, and I knocked the Drakkar Noir right off 'em with nothing but a brick." Zane explained.

"We didn't really even have a brick, Zane." I said with my arms crossed.

"That's not the point. The point is Atypical Combat Skills save your keisters, meisters. Now you three-you three are losers." Zane said pointing to Saya, Maria, and I.

"Well, his swan dive kind of fucked up our entrance." Saya said blaming Marcus.

"Nothing ever happens according to plan. Uh, hobo kid here, he still nailed it with the skinny-scan-shabaldam!" Zane chuckled.

"Yeah only because I somewhat distracted you while you were beating the absolute shit out of him." I said defensively.

"I think he had it in the bag without you." Zane insulted calmly.

"What'd you just say?" I said as I stepped up taking my knife out of my boot.

Maria held my arm back, silently telling me it wasn't worth it. I hesitantly stepped back and put my knife back.

"Right, well, everyone get in position again! Viktor, Brandy, and Chico are up next!" Zane spoke.

We all stepped behind the wall. I stood next to Marcus contemplating what I did wrong. I then looked to the side to see him with a proud smile. I looked forward again trying not to smack the shit out of him.

"Wipe that smile off your face before I do it for you, Arguello." I threatened looking at the new scene of Viktor, Brandy, and Chico unfold in front of me.

From my peripheral I saw him quickly take the smile off making me chuckle a bit. He's such a pussy, but he's so cute.