26

Conversations in detention never lasted long. After our last one that we had on fucked up people, we hadn't talked much. I learned that the Legacy boy's name was Jaden, but besides that, I did no talking unless it was with Marcus. I had to keep myself entertained somehow.

This shit was as boring as ever. By now it was probably nighttime. I assumed it was because there were no windows in this tiny ass library.

We'd made a mess trying to entertain ourselves. There were books spread all over the ground that some people actually made the effort to read. There were spilled chips and half empty bottles of soda everywhere from when we got hungry earlier, too. Not to mention the stray pens and scratch paper we tried to make games out of that never lasted long.

Now we were all an annoyed mess trying to get by the weekend as fast as possible.

"I propose we conduct an experiment: evolve past the chimpanzee stage. And open ourselves to free love, crunchy grooves, and drinking the soul's sweet, sweet stardust." Marcus said in a hippie voice as he lifted his head from the table.

"Shut up, Arguello." Chico scolded.

"Let's at least pretend to like each other." Marcus suggested in an unamused way.

"Torture Town, USA." Petra stated.

"Two bags of chips for two days. That's torture." Jaden stated almost in a scared way.

"Don't forget the chips these fatasses already ate. If you think about it, we have even less than two bags now." I teased him making him look back at me.

He slowly turned back around to face forward. I couldn't see his face but he was petrified that he was going to starve in here, and that was entertainment enough for me.

"There's enough monosodium glutamate in there to kill a rhino." Petra said.

"Mm, MSG." Saya continued.

"The monks are gonna bring more food, right?" Marcus asked.

Petra turned to look at him.

"One box per detention." She clarified.

"Lucky one of my superpowers is starving." Marcus said after letting out a sigh.

"What is other? Sitting on man's 'horkum'?" Viktor said letting out a laugh.

Marcus rolled his eyes, keeping his mouth shut. It was better that way. Maybe we wouldn't tear each other apart in here that way.

"You know, if it's junk food you desire, we could break into the vaults of Valhalla." Petra suggested devilishly.

She then looked around, as did we, waiting for someone to say something.

"There's a chest..." Petra said getting up.

Here we go.

"this big..." She continued, spreading her arms out trying to estimate the size of the infamous chest.

She's really overdoing it, this time.

"full of diabetes-inducing treats, among other glorious contraband." Petra finished as she walked down the aisle of tables.

"This is your brain on drugs. The confiscation room is impenetrable, man." Jaden said.

"Like Saya's panties." Chico teased.

Saya flicked him off, not turning to look at him in response. He wasn't worth the breath it took to insult him back.

"It's been done... once." Petra said.