14

It'd been a couple days since the whole Marcus almost getting caught in my dorm incident. That day he came back from the funeral with Lin feeling less guilty. He said some shit about needing closure. I didn't ask much about it since I thought it'd be a sensitive topic. Ever since then though, things had been normal. It's only been a couple days so I wouldn't want to jinx it, but at King's nothing ever stays normal anyway. It was only a matter of time before things went to shit again for whatever reason.

Classes had ended a couple hours ago and I was in my dorm finishing up some homework. No matter how attractive my... situationship boyfriend was, I couldn't get distracted. Once I penciled in the last answer on some AP Black Arts worksheet, I stuffed it in my bag and left my dorm making my way to Marcus's.

This was routine for us. I do my homework, Marcus does... whatever the fuck he does after classes, and we meet up after. As long as he isn't getting himself killed I don't care too much about what he does in his free time without me. Though, knowing him, he'd probably find a way to get himself killed.

I opened the door to his new dorm that he now shared with Shabnam of all people, to see him and Willie celebrating. Those fuckers were too entertained screaming something about 'suck my ass' to even notice me. I looked at the tv screen and saw a video game pulled up on it. Of course they took Shabnam's expensive gaming shit.

"Ayo dumbasses!" I said snapping them out of their victory dances.

They both suddenly looked at me. Willie turned to Marcus acting all angry.

"Give me some lunch money, fool." He said as he pushed a confused looking Marcus.

I scoffed in amusement.

"Is that seriously the best you could come up with? We don't pay for lunch asshat. Relax, I won't tell anyone about your 'secret friendship'." I said making air quotations.

"Fuck off, Gonzalez." Willie said.

"Yeah, I'd rather not." I replied going over to sit next to Marcus.

Willie and I had a love-hate relationship. Frenemies you could call it. The only thing really keeping up connected was Marcus. We insulted each other most of the time. Though I knew if either one of us was in some deep shit, we'd help each other out.

Shabnam then walked in half naked with only a towel covering his lower half. This is just fucking disgusting. Willie definitely had to cover up with a good excuse this time. He saw Shabnam and then stood up looking down angrily at both me and Marcus. I guess his anger looked more natural this time around, though.

"You best give me my money, fuckers, or I'll make it hurt." Willie said intimidatingly.

Seriously? Again with the money excuse?

"Uh, uh, we don't have a dime." Marcus stuttered unconvincingly.

I rolled my eyes choosing to keep my mouth shut. If I let myself speak I was bound to say some stupid sarcastic remark to Willie. He'd have to keep up his whole gangster act in front of Shabnam, so he would then have to do something about it, and everyone knew he wouldn't. Well, everyone except Shabnam.

"I ain't asking for a dime, but I want my $2. You got till tomorrow." Willie spoke pointing in our faces threateningly before walking away.

He then left us with Shabnam closing the door behind him, leaving an annoyed looking me and a clueless looking Marcus.

"Borrowing money from FWO? Smooth move, ex-laxes. Their interest rates are exorbitant and their collection methods are rather stabby." Shabnam said.

"Shab, no offense, but we really don't care." I replied.

Marcus didn't say anything knowing that I was completely right. Shabnam rolled his eyes and walked over to his side of the room to look for something.