18

After the rat meat incident in the cafeteria Marcus dropped me off at my dorm. Next time I see Chico I'm killing him no hesitation. As soon as my head hit the pillow on my mattress my eyes closed. I woke up what felt like a couple hours later and stumbled out of bed.

"Jesus, fuck." I muttered and held my hand to my forehead due to the chronic headache I had.

Who knew rat meat caused hangover headaches? Or maybe it was the throwing up I did afterwards.

I walked over to my closet and picked out one of Marcus's shirts that were no doubt huge on me, and a pair on my own shorts. I didn't really care what time it was, I needed a shower. I picked up my toiletries from my cluttered mess and made my way to the girls' locker room. I took a quick shower, not wanting to be awake for longer than I had to. I then walked out of the girls' locker room and back to my dorm.

Upon closing my door I looked at my bed and saw a package. I picked it up looking for who sent it. It had no address or name in it, not even a mention of what was inside. Who would send me anything? Everyone I know lives at King's. I shrugged it off and opened the package. Suddenly a blue liquid splattered all over my face.

"What the fuck!" I yelled.

Almost on cue Marcus rushed in with the same liquid splattered on his face.

"Shit! I was coming over to tell you." He said in defeat.

"Tell me? Tell me what? Who the fuck did this?" I asked angrily as I threw the box into my overflowing mini trash can.

"Lex wanted to get back at the Legacies, so he gave everyone 'mail'." He said using air quotations on the last word.

"I'm not a fucking Legacy!" I yelled.

"I don't think he cares too much." He replied.

I stomped out of my dorm not caring about how ridiculous I looked. I was about to beat the living crap out of Lex. I had a shitty day and I showered just so I could go to bed and he pulls this shit? Abso-fucking-lutely not. Marcus ran after me, trying to get me to stop what he knew I was going to do.

"Listen, I'm sure he didn't mean to! It's Lex we're talking about, he's an idiot! We can't go against each other during hazing week, Em! We have enough of that from the Legacies!" He said making up excuse after excuse.

"I don't give two fucks what Lex meant to do! I don't care if he's clinically insane either! I'm gonna give that fucker a piece of my mind, or fist, whatever comes first." I said still looking in the direction I was walking and not glancing at Marcus once.

"Em-" He said before I cut him off.

"Stop trying to convince me otherwise, Arguello. That asshole needs to be put in his place." I said angrily.

I walked faster and I finally made it to the roof. Low and behold there he was. The devil himself smoking a cigarette. I rushed up to him.

"Ah, see you got my package." He said with a smug smile.

As soon as I was standing in front of him I swung my fist. He couldn't be mad, I simply just punched him in the face like he deserved. Marcus came up behind me quickly after and held my arms back.

"What the fuck is wrong with you, you psychotic bitch?" Lex yelled with his hand on his nose which I hope I broke.

"I've had a shitty day, asshole! I told you not to try and prank the Legacies because it would bring unnecessary bullshit we can't handle! But no, Lex the narcissist can't listen to anyone but himself, can he? I would've been pissed if you pranked the Legacies in itself, but to make matters even worse you pranked me! You pranked a Rat! Your own fucking kind during fucking hazing week!" I yelled at him trying to break from Marcus's grip to go punch him again.

"Those entitled bitches deserve what they got, and honestly so did you! You walk around acting like you know what's best for all of us but you know shit! You're clueless and if we all went by what you said, we'd all probably be dead by now!" Lex said getting in my face taunting me because I couldn't touch him.

"Lex, that's enough!" Marcus said still struggling.

"I'm the only one keeping you fucking alive in this school! All the impulsive decisions you make get you into so much shit that I have to get you out of every fucking time! And quite frankly, if you wanna see dead I can show you dead!" I screamed at him.

He didn't say anything after that but stood there with a glare on his face. I stopped fighting Marcus and he let me go. I didn't run towards Lex with fists flying no matter how much I wanted to, I just stood there glaring at him too.

"You're an absolute twat. You know that?" He asked.

"Watch what you say about me. I may be an outcast because I'm a Rat, but I hold all the power in this school. You're only alive because I don't let people touch you. The second I say we're done being friends your fresh meat for all the Legacies that are dying to kill someone." I said threateningly.

That left him speechless. Although he refused to display it on his face I knew it did. I was happy about it too. I really hoped I gave that asshole a rude awakening.

"Em, let's go." Marcus said grabbing onto my hand as I glared down Lex.

I gave Lex a final roll of my eyes and let Marcus guide me to my dorm. If I had stayed there any longer I would've killed him I swear.