23

It'd been a couple days since the Legacy dance. Hazing week was finally over so us Rats could finally go back to normal. Well, what normal was for us at least.

That night after Lin caught us all wreaking havoc at the dance a lot of shit happened.

Willie and Marcus made up. In turn, I had to make up with Willie too if he'd be hanging out with us. He's on thin ice though, I swear.

Lin called me, Marcus, Billy, Petra, Viktor, Saya, Chico, and some other Legacy boy to his office the next day. How the fuck did Lex get out of this? That asshole has his ways I guess. I was honestly prepared for him to scream at us and almost kill us if anything, which he did. He said something about us all being in trouble for ruining the dance and playing horrible pranks on each other. I was expecting worse.

Saturday was finally here and I could not have been happier about it. Marcus and I had made plans on going out to eat and get food that actually tasted half decent. Something better than the sloppy shit they served here. I'd gotten ready pretty quickly and was checking my outfit out in the mirror when a monk opened my door and rushed in. The dude didn't even knock!

"Yo! Ever heard of privacy?" I asked rudely.

The monk didn't reply. They never do. He came towards me and threw me over his shoulder, taking me out of my dorm. He then closed the door behind us and started walking in a direction I didn't recognize.

"Dude! What the fuck? Put me the fuck down! Where are you taking me you perverted freak?" I protested as I kicked and hit the monk as much as I could.

It was no use really. The dude was three times my size. I wasn't going anywhere if he was carrying me.

"I said put me down!" I yelled once more before he finally put me down and shoved me into the library, closing the door behind me.

No wonder I didn't recognize where he was taking me. I don't go to the library dude, not unless necessary. I stumbled in and saw everyone Lin had called down to his office for the pranks sitting at the tables. Well, everyone except Marcus. If that asshole got out of this and I didn't, I swear I was going to beat him up.

"Are you kidding me? Detention?" I said in defeat.

"Yep." Petra said with her head down.

I dragged my feet towards an empty table and took a seat. This was going to be a long couple of hours. I took my knife out of my boot and played with it a bit. It really was my only source of entertainment here unless I wanted to read. Lord knows I wasn't going to do that. After a couple minutes of silence someone else got pushed into the library. There he was in all his dumbass glory, Marcus Arguello. He walked in looking confused with his journal in his hand.

"Come to join the fun?" I asked sarcastically as I played with the knife.

"What is this?" Marcus said as he walked over to the table I was at, taking a seat and putting his journal down on the table.

"Prolonged confinement designed for behavioral rectification. Detention." Petra said, whispering the last word.

Marcus didn't say much, just sat there. That is until he looked to the side and saw Saya on the next table.

"What did you do?" Marcus asked.

Saya gave him a death glare in return. He took that as his warning and looked down at a book that was placed at our table, not wanting to piss off the literal ninja sitting next to us.

We were all doing our own thing for a while, not quite sure on what else to do. I played with my knife. Learning new tricks was something I'd been wanting to do for a while now. Marcus played with the edge of his infamous journal he didn't care enough to doodle anything in right now. Saya admired her katana that she set on the table, touching the blades gently from time to time. Petra had her head on the table as she stared down at the floor and her dark boots she wore regularly. Viktor was half asleep on his arm, I'm guessing he was up all night since he usually is on weekends. Chico was sharpening both his knives, rubbing them together making a sound that I had loved since I was a kid with them. The Legacy boy seemed to be reading some stupid book in the corner, not interacting with anyone.

Within a couple seconds Lin came in with a couple monks following behind him. Saya straightened up, fixing her posture quickly. The rest of us either did it slower or didn't do it at all.

"Master Lin. All due respect, this must be an oversight 'cause I didn't do-" Chico said before he cut himself off since Lin gave him a look telling him to shut up.

So the asshole does know how to take a hint it seems.

"Yeah. Fine. But if I'm getting hit for fighting, shouldn't Willie's ass be in here, too?" He protested once he saw that he wasn't getting anywhere with his first argument.

Never mind, still can't take a hint.

"All Viktor did was invite rodent girl to dance." Viktor said through his accent as he raised his hand and pointed to Petra.

"All I did was stick up for my friend after the asshole Legacies humiliated her." I said rudely.

"All I did was punch a Nazi, inbred, debutante bi-" Petra said before Lin turned to her and shut her up by putting his staff at her throat.

"You all committed the cardinal sin. You were caught." Lin said as he took the staff off Petra's throat and continued to walk down the aisle of tables.

Once he got to the Legacy boy in the back be hit his legs that were on the table with the staff, making him yelp and take them down.

"Agoge. Spartan instruction that molded petulant Greek boys into the greatest warriors in the world. It had three basic tenants: conformity, discipline, and commitment to Sparta over one's own interests." Lin explained.

"I have commitment issues, dude." I whispered loud enough just for Marcus to hear me and crack a smile.

If anyone was to say anything at the wrong time or laugh at the wrong time it'd definitely be me and Marcus.

A monk came up to Saya, trying to take her katana before she quickly put her hand on it. She wouldn't be caught dead without it. The monk pulled his hand away as calmly as he did when he reached for it.

"You wanna keep that hand?" Saya asked threateningly as she turned to the monk.

Suddenly Lin slammed his hand on her katana, making her look at him and remove her's. She was a teacher's pet no doubt about it, especially Lin's.

"You chose your baser instinct. Rivalry." Lin said as he took her katana off her table and walked away.

You could see in her eyes how much it bothered her. She kept her eyes on it the whole time Lin had it, but she wouldn't protest. She never did.

Marcus took that as a warning and took his journal off the table. He hid it pretty quickly under the table, too.

"You will spend your weekend locked in this room... contemplating my disappointment." Lin said before he walked out of the library, leaving the monk in there alone to pick up everyone's belongings.

The monk finally made it to me and put his hand in my knife. I stood up quickly, getting in his face and pulling it away from him.

"You're gonna walk away and leave me my shit." I said threateningly.

He looked at me angrily through his hood.

"I don't think I have to mention that you won't tell Lin either, or I'll cut your throat myself. I don't care how weak you think I am, I'm stronger than you and Lin combined. Now do everyone a favor and fuck off." I said before I sat down and tucked my knife back into my boot.

The monk was angry, of course he was, but he walked away anyway, locking the door behind him. Everyone but Marcus and I looked upset. They had their stuff taken away so it was fair. Doesn't seem like I can relate though.

"The whole weekend?" Marcus asked disappointedly.

"It'll be over before you know it, baby." I whispered loud enough for just him to hear, interlocking our fingers under the table.

This was his first detention, everyone knew it would feel brutal to him.