2

After AP Black Arts I went to my next class: Hand-To-Hand Combat. This was probably one of my favorite classes. Beating people up with no repercussions was my favorite thing in the world.

I noticed on the way there that the boy seemed to have that class too. I wanted to go up to him. I wanted to ask his name and where he came from. I wanted to ask if he was a Legacy or a Rat, but I couldn't work up the courage. Shit, that's new. I had the courage to do just about everything, that's what kept my reputation respected by others, and now I'm getting cold feet because of some attractive boy who's probably an asshole anyway? Yeah, no, not doing that.

I made it into the classroom and headed towards a bathroom that was recently built into the classroom to change quickly. I came out and put my hair in a ponytail as I sat and waited for class to start. After a couple minutes class started and we all sat down as Ms. DeLuca started going on about Indian Tribes or some shit. Willie interrupted like he always does. Honestly that boy has to have a thing for DeLuca because this happens every class. After listening to her lecture a little longer, she told us to pair up and find our opponent's weakness. It's fairly easy for me to do that since I'd known these people for what felt like forever. I wanted a challenge. New boy was a challenge. He's something I'd never faced before. Now I also had an excuse to talk to him.

Billy looked at me with his stupid smile. Since we're the only two Rats in this class we always paired up. Of course, I occasionally paired up with a Legacy because it's fun beating up petty stuck up rich bitches. However, I quickly went over to the new boy since he clearly didn't seem to have any friends yet.

I was finally standing in front of the beautiful looking boy. He had a scar going down his eye which made him look all the much hotter. He also had shorter  brown curls plopped on his head paired with brown eyes. He was quite a lot taller than me too. I could tell even as he was sitting down.

"No, no, I'm good." He said with his not so surprisingly hot-ass voice as he hesitated to get up and follow me to the mats set up in the middle of the room.

"Come on, you'll be fine." I said as I grabbed his hand and dragged him.

I felt eyes on me and looked around. I saw Billy giving me the 'ouuuu' look that your friends give you in third grade when you sit next to your crush before he went to go look for a partner. Maria was also standing across the room glaring at us. Looks like she wanted to pick him too. Sucks to suck bitch.

I looked back at the new boy and he looked like he was trying to fix his belt.

"Let me." I said as I reached for his belt.

He looked at me quickly, moved his hands, and then looked back down at his belt as I fixed it. I'd been doing this for years and practice makes perfect. I tied his belt effortlessly and then went back to focusing on myself and the actual class.

We then started getting in position for our first round. It was more like I was getting in position, though. He kept looking around the room like this was the craziest place he'd ever been to. Honestly, this probably was.

We heard Billy scream from across the room as we heard his bones crack.

"Viktor got him good this time." I muttered.

"Is someone gonna help him?" He asked in shock never taking his eyes off Billy.

"I doubt it. We're Rats. No one ever does. Besides, he'll be fine. This definitely isn't the first time a Legacy beat him up nor will it be the last." I said as I looked back and forth between him and Billy screaming on the floor.

"I'm sorry, what? Legacies and Rats?" He looked back at me and questioned with a confused look on his face.

"Yeah. Aren't you a Legacy?" I asked.

"What even is a Legacy?" He asked in return as he looked around at the deadly classroom with weapons hanging on the walls.

Holy shit he's not a Legacy. He's a Rat. I guess it's my lucky fucking day.

"I'll let you find out on your own time what you're in for. Anyway, get in position." I said as I got in position.

He copied my stance making it easy for me to take him down, which I did effortlessly pulling him into an arm lock. If I pulled any more I'd probably break his arm and leave him screaming more than Billy.

"At least try to put up a little bit of a fight, dude." I said in a cocky way.

"I'm not gonna fight a girl." He justified in pain.

Aw, he's not an asshole. He's most definitely going to get shit on. I give him a week.

"Does it really count if the girl is stronger and could probably beat your ass anyway?" I asked sarcastically.

"Well you're a pleasure." He said sarcastically yet still in pain because I hadn't let him go yet.

"Always am." I said as I dropped his arm and got off him walking away to find my next opponent.