31

After what had happened with Petra, Marcus led me back to my dorm. I stopped crying so much after he insisted for at least ten minutes that she was okay. I obviously questioned him a million times on how he knew and all he could say was that he saw her move on the stretcher. I had no idea if it was bullshit or not, but I wanted to stop feeling like shit so I chose to believe it. Of course Petra would be back soon. It's Petra, right?

As of right now it'd been an hour or two and we were in my dorm talking about complete nonsense while laying on my bed and staring at the roof. My guess is that Marcus was doing it to distract me, but I didn't mind.

"DeLuca is such a bitch though!" I exclaimed.

"I don't think Willie cares much." Marcus laughed.

"Jesus fuck can you imagine if they did end up together after Willie graduated? A fucking train wreck is what I call that." I laughed along with him.

"Yeah I don't think DeLuca wants to bang him, though." Marcus said.

"No shit Sherlock." I said with a smile.

We stayed silent for a couple seconds before anyone spoke up again.

"Hey, you remember when we snuck up to the confiscation room today?" Marcus asked.

"Yeah, why?" I asked in return.

"We were talking about our plans for the future or whatever, and you said I was in yours." He continued.

"Right." I stated so he knew I was listening.

"Tell me about it." He said.

"What?" I asked, turning my head to look at him.

He turned his head to look at me too, a smile plastered on his face.

"Tell me about your plans for the future. Where do I fit into it?" He clarified.

I smiled before looking back up to the ceiling again. Marcus did the same as I began to talk.

"Well, once we graduate we get the fuck out of King's and this shitty town for starters. I like to think we'd run away together and travel for a while. Visit anywhere and everywhere we can. Then we can live off the grid with each other after a couple years. Maybe end up living in a beach house in Puerto Rico. One day we could have kids if we want, you know, mini versions of us running around. We would make good ass parents if you ask me. But we won't send them to King's or anything. They'll go to normal school and grow up to have normal jobs. When they go off on their own, well, from then on... I don't know... I guess we grow old together. It's peaceful, you know. Nothing like anything we've grown up around. Nothing like all that chaotic shit we've had to experience our whole lives." I explained everything I had envisioned with Marcus peacefully, almost imagining myself there already.

After a few seconds he didn't say anything, so I turned to look at him just to see him looking at me with a sweet smile.

"Shut up." I laughed as I looked back at the ceiling.

"No, no it's amazing. I love it, all of it. I just didn't know you thought about it so much." He said as he turned my face towards him again, putting his thumb and pointer finger under my chin.

"I've only thought about it once or twice." I teased.

"Oh really?" He teased back with a smile.

"Maybe a couple more." I gave in, smiling as well.

"Yeah, let me just take a moment to appreciate this. You're never this soft." He laughed, teasing me.

"Oh fuck off, Arguello. You're never getting this again." I laughed too.