"I have something to tell you too. Dumbledore gave me a job too. I am keeping an eye on all the Slytherins who could possibly join. I haven't told this to anyone but you. I was not supposed to tell anyone. The less know the better you know. Dumbledore's orders" Peter said defending himself.

"Yeah, I know" Peter said.

There was a bunch of 4th year girls giggling among themselves, throwing sideways glances at Sirius. Sirius too, was smirking and winking at them. "Dumbledore said he gave a job to Mary and Marlene too. You know anything about it?" Sirius asked.

Peter's eyes widened, though it went unnoticed by Sirius. "No" Peter squeaked.

The rest of the time was passed talking and flirting with the girls.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sirius and Peter returned to the great hall five minutes after the lunch started. Remus, James, Lily, Mary and Marlene were already sitting there. Mary, Marlene and Lily were talking between themselves, while James was talking with Sir Nicolas in the corner. Remus was just sitting, reading his book.

Seeing Sirius and Peter together, Dumbledore smiled internally, happy that his plan succeeded.

The passed smoothly. Sirius, Peter and Remus talked about Remus' task and what he had discovered new through his studies till James came. James seemed to be in a very happy mood.

James sat between the guys and Lily. James muttered something in Lily's ear and she too, seemed very happy after.

Everything was going fine and hopefully everything would continue the same way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Sirius had originally decided, he was waiting for nightfall. He had already asked James for his invisibility clock and luckily, it was his chance to keep the Marauders map. All through the evening, James and Remus played chess, while Lily, Sirius, Peter, Mary and Marlene played exploding snaps.

Through the dinner, everyone decided not to talk about the tasks Dumbledore had given them. So, like earlier years, James Sirius, Remus and Peter talked among themselves, while Lily, Mary, Marlene talked together.

The dinner ended with the usual dessert. Afterwards, all were sent to their own dorms.

Lily was sat beside Remus, a single ear bud in their ear, while they finished their work. James and Marlene were arguing, ahem, talking with Sirius and Mary about how the magical world was being ridiculous by making students use quill and parchment instead of pen and paper. Peter listened to them in awe, while commented once in a while.

The time was soon spent, and one by one, everyone retrieved to their dorms. The first to go were Mary and Marlene. It was not even curfew, yet, both seemed pretty tired.

Sirius along with the rest of the boys climbed to their dorms. But after almost half an hour of turning and twisting in the bed, finally gave up and walked down towards the common room, clock and the Marauders map tucked in the pockets of his Pyjamas.

Sitting on the couch in front of the fire, he tapped the map and whispered the words. Instantly, ink started to appear on the map. He lit his wand and searched for Mary and Marlene. Both were still in their bed.

"I guess I'll have to see them some other time." He muttered to himself. He heard shuffling on feet and turned around to see the door of girls dorm opened. "Oh Lils, its you" Sirius sighed in relief.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lily went back to sleep not long after Mary and Marlene. She was feeling concern about the two girls. They were sure overworking themselves. None the less, all for the good cause.