393

The next afternoon, Jisoo was notified by one of his spies that Jennie's doctor was on the move. During work hours, she was discovered ducking out of work sneakily to a nearby cafe. It appeared, she was waiting for someone.

To ensure everything ran smoothly, Jisoo decided to personally follow the lead. He quickly drove over to the cafe in an average looking car and watched over the entrance.

Time slowly ticked by, but the doctor still did not see who she was waiting for. From outside the window, Jisoo noticed the doctor pull out her phone multiple times to check the time with an anxious expression.

Jisoo continued to observe the doctor with interest. Until...a blue figure finally appeared.

To ensure he identified the person correctly, Jisoo removed his sunglasses to have a closer look. After entering the cafe, the figure looked around anxiously before sitting down opposite Doctor Lin...

For a slight moment, time seemed to have frozen.

Jisoo's gaze darkened. He thought this person would never appear in front of Jennie again. But, it seemed, she was still as evil as ever.

Meanwhile, Jennie had just started her afternoon shoot. Lisa was standing by her side holding a jacket. As she looked over at him, she noticed Jisoo's number appear on his phone.

Lisa turned around to pick up his phone. The first thing that Jisoo said was, "President, the culprit has been confirmed, it's Nancy."

"What else does she have planned? Help me investigate thoroughly," Lisa instructed. "Give me a list of everyone involved. I will deal with them one at a time."

"As for Nancy, after everything has been clarified, I will decide how to deal with her."

"Yes, President," Jisoo hung up the phone with a cold expression. He then instructed the paparazzi he hired to enter the cafe and find out what the two women were talking about.

...

"This is a deposit. Once everything is done, I'll give you the rest," Nancy pulled out some money from her bag and handed it to the doctor. "Don't let anyone else find out about this."

"Don't worry. I'll handle this well," the doctor reassured confidently.

The only reason why she was so confident was because the entire operating theatre was in on the plan. They had all agreed to keep their mouths shut for money. Otherwise, from the time that Jennie's report was released to the time of the operation, how was it possible that no one knew something was going on.

"I'll wait for the good news." After speaking, Nancy stood up and once again looked around before putting on her sunglasses and walking out of the cafe. As for the doctor, she quickly put the money in her bag and stood up from her seat.

However, just as she was about to step out of the cafe, Jisoo suddenly appeared in front of her and snatched her bag from her hands. He opened it up and emptied out the contents. Money fell out and covered the floor.

Luckily, there weren't many people in the cafe. So the waiters quickly helped the doctor pick up her money. But...Jisoo had no intention to let the doctor off easily as he dragged her back to her seat.

The doctor looked around in a panic, wondering if Nancy had already left. Meanwhile, Jisoo sat down and pointed his chin towards her, "Stop looking around, she's gone."

"Mr. Kim...you..."

"Doctor Lin, I think you should explain what you were doing with the woman just now..."

"That...we..."

"Why are you so nervous?" Jisoo watched as the doctor trembled and smiled, "Did you think you could get away with it? How about this, I'll give you some time to explain yourself. Let's see how much truth you can tell."