375

It didn't take long before the production crew of 'The Lost Relative' held a press release for the commencement of filming. Jennie was confirmed to attend.

For Jennie's fans, this was the last chance to see her for a while before she locked herself away for filming. So, fans gathered from all over the country just for a chance to get close to her.

From the time she was a model to her current career as an actress, her fans witnessed a dramatic change. But, seeing Jennie take each step diligently, they learned a lot of excellent qualities from her.

The press release was the first opportunity for Jennie to meet with the rest of the cast. So, in the backstage, she met Bai Qiusheng and Gu Heng.

Bai Qiusheng was a tall and built man, but he had a gloomy presence. When he didn't talk, people around him would feel slightly repressed; he was exactly like the male lead of the film. Wei An's eyes were definitely sharp when it came to picking his actors.

Then there was Gu Heng. She had a head of long black hair and a polite and well-mannered presence. She was friendly but hard to read. She was obviously the type of person that changed according to who she was talking to.

"I heard your audition was quite impressive. I'm looking forward to working with you," Gu Heng smiled as she reached out her hand for a handshake.

Jennie smiled back as she grabbed her hand and gave it a shake.

"I see you've met?" Wei An suddenly stepped into the waiting room and smiled at them, "It's almost time to go on stage. The reporters are bound to ask some difficult questions, make sure you guys respond properly."

"Don't worry Director Wei," Gu Heng nodded at Wei An.

"But Jennie, how come President Manoban isn't here?" Wei An had heard that Lisa was Jennie's manager. In fact, she was the only artist he managed. But, how come he didn't see Lisa at her audition or her press release?

"He will be here soon," Jennie replied.

Gu Heng and Bai Qiusheng exchanged glances but did not say a word. Hearing Lisa's name, their disdain towards Jennie increased. However, they hid their true feelings well and weren't discovered.

A little while later, the press release started. Gu Heng stepped on stage first because she was a supporting character.

Thinking of her boyfriend appearing with Jennie, Gu Heng felt a little upset. However, she knew at present, it was best for her to endure.

Not long after, the lead actors stepped up onto the stage. Experiencing the enthusiasm from the crowd, Jennie and Bai Qiusheng greeted the crowd warmly.

"Haha, while President Manoban isn't around, can I say that the two main leads make a great couple?" the host bravely joked.

Jennie smiled awkwardly as she received the microphone, "He is watching the live broadcast..."

"Oh, that's right," the female reporter quickly covered her mouth, "Lucky Jennie is here to remind us."

"Actually, they do make quite a good couple."

"Well, of course, in the film they need to look good together. But, in the real world, who could compare to President Manoban? Our Jenjen is married to the best of the best!"

Hearing the discussions of the fans, Gu Heng gave Bai Qiusheng a look of warning. Hearing her lover being tied together with Jennie, it was hard to describe the pain she felt inside. It was almost like her lead role was stolen along with her boyfriend...

However, no one present noticed Gu Heng's expression. After all, her and Bai Qiusheng were secret lovers!

Whilst the event continued progressing, Lisa arrived from Manoban Entertainment and sat down right in front of all the fans. This couple stuck by each other's side as expected. Seeing this, the fans erupted in a shrill scream. But, Lisa remained calm, as usual, as he looked at Jennie and then scanned his eyes across the other people on stage.