370

"From now on, if I haven't told you about a meeting, then you mustn't turn up," Lisa said as soon as he got in the car.

"Don't worry, just this once," Jennie nodded her head obediently. Since Lisa emphasized this warning, there must have been a certain amount of danger. So she took note not to add to his worries. "What did Chairman Zhou say?"

"He would put away his scheming and let the films depend on their own capabilities," Lisa replied as he loosened his tie. "On the day of official release, I am expecting a distribution rate of 30%. On the second day, it will likely drop to 10%."

"You're allowing that to happen?"

Lisa looked at Jennie with a deeper meaning and smiled. Indeed, the person that understood him the most was Jennie. She knew straight away that he did it on purpose.

"Trust me, even if I allow it to drop like that, I can also allow 'Stupid' to make a full revival. This is your first film; I will definitely let everyone see that you are a skilled actress."

"That may be important, but, all I want is for you to be happy," Jennie said as she drove. "The entertainment industry is your empire...Anything you say, goes."

Lisa stretched out his hand and brushed it against Jennie's cheek. This silly woman, how could he not adore her?

...

Compared to its previous two pre-screenings, the third pre-screening for 'Stupid' once again increased in attendance to 30%. This proved many things.

Not long after, the day of 'Stupid's' official release came around. As promised, Lisa did not interfere with the distribution of the film. But, the industry had already experienced the sweetness of 'Stupid's' steady advancement, so they decided to distribute the film to 30% of theatres in the nation. It wasn't very high, but, it also could not be considered as low. Either way, it already exceeded Lisa's expectations.

Because of its good reputation from three pre-screenings and the popular topic of Jennie's acting beating down the young actors, 'Stupid' hit more than $40 million in the box office; a reasonable result.

"Hey, have you guys seen Jennie's film yet?"

"Pfft, how good could a model be at acting?"

"Watch it and you'll find out how good Jennie's acting actually is."

"I don't believe you..."

"Neither do I..."

Due to curiosity towards Jennie's acting, many members of the audience bought tickets purely to see her. They wanted to see if her acting was really as good as it was rumored to be. After all, the reviews from the three pre-screenings were so good, it was hard not to suspect that Manoban Entertainment had paid people to write them. But, after watching the film, film fans gasped in surprise. It turned out, a model actually could act. In fact, her acting was so good that it was hard for one to withdraw themselves from the film after watching it.

If 'Stupid' had only convinced a selection of people during its pre-screening, after its official release, it had now truly convinced the film market.

"It's not mainstream and not your typical storyline. In fact, it's surprisingly entertaining to watch. I highly recommend it!"

"I originally turned up to the movie, ready to make complaints. But, Jennie made it impossible for me to find anything to complain about. Plus, the film is surprisingly good. I wonder who the screenwriter is."

"Jennie is awesome! Did she really not study acting in secret?"

On top of everything, at the end of the film, they showed moments from behind-the-scenes of Jennie and Lin Sheng. Film fans were stunned; Jennie was such a serious actor and completely let go of herself when acting.