369

Xia Jingyi came from a scholarly family. For her, singing was just a hobby because she enjoyed pop music. The reason she entered Manoban Entertainment was not because of her voice, but because she could write her own songs.

She had indeed cooperated with Taehyung in the past and they were quite familiar with each other. But because of this, she became an easy target for Chairman Zhou.

The entertainment industry had always been a pool of deep water which she had long been prepared for. She knew, behind the glitz and glamor was plenty of darkness.

But...

...did that mean she should stoop so low as to help a villain?

She couldn't change what was happening around her, but she could make her own choices!

After returning to Manoban Entertainment, she spotted Taehyung practicing his new song in one of the practice rooms. As she listened to his crisp voice, she hesitated for a minute before pushing open the door and walking in.

"V, there's something I want to talk to you about."

Taehyung stopped strumming the guitar in his hands and glanced up at Xia Jingyi, "Let's find a place to talk."

"The roof."

After arriving on the roof together, Taehyung looked at Xia Jingyi and asked, "What did you want to talk about?"

"Your real name is Kim Taehyung and you are Jennie's brother, is that true?" Xia Jingyi clenched her fists nervously; she didn't know if she had made the right decision.

Taehyung was a little surprised. As he stared at Xia Jingyi's delicate face, he nodded his head, "How did you find out?"

"The producer of 'Devil Shooter' found out that I had previously cooperated with you, so he captured my brother and is trying to threaten me into getting information about Jennie through you," Xia Jingyi explained anxiously.

As the gentle wind swept through her hair, she appeared extra innocent and sincere.

"I don't want to do such a thing and I don't want to be pressured by others. So, can you help me think of a way to save my brother?"

Taehyung looked at Xia Jingyi. She could have easily given in and done as she was told, but she instead chose to be honest.

"Sorry, I never thought someone completely unrelated to us would be implicated by our dangers."

"I know this isn't something you wanted to see happen. But we are in an urgent situation: I need to save my brother, he's only 17..."

"Since your brother is in his hands, he must have surveillance on your entire family," Taehyung concluded. "This won't do. Even if we save your brother, your father and mother will still be in danger. I'm going to go speak to President Manoban..."

"Will he be willing to help save my brother?"

"You don't need to worry. Since this matter involves my sister, he won't sit idly on the sidelines..."

Even if Lisa wanted to sit idly by, Jennie would not allow him!

Here, before them, was another person who would go to any lengths for money, including kidnapping and blackmailing...

"This industry sometimes makes me really want to swear! From the outside, it appears so glamorous. I never imagined, behind the facade, it is such a mess," Taehyung complained. "I can finally see why my sister keeps emphasizing that this industry is different to what I think."

"Take me with you to see President Manoban."

"Don't worry, I know you're worried about your brother."