358

"I am Hye Kyo, the daughter-in-law of the chairman of Kim Corp. If you are still unfamiliar with who I am, let me introduce to you my other identity: I am the mother of Jennie. Today, I stand before you because I have something I want to say."

"It seems the rumors are true. The Kim Family really does have big news to reveal..."

"If she is the daughter-in-law, then that must mean she is the rumored mistress."

"Wasn't it revealed previously that Jennie's mother is a mistress?"

The reporters below the stage were deep in discussion because the secret that was about to be revealed had sparked their interests. After all, Jennie was involved.

Jennie had gone from being a model to an actress and every step took place in front of the media. Even today, she was still the center of attention even though her mother was the one that was standing in front of everyone.

"I've been called a mistress for many years now, so over time I've already gotten used to this nickname. I've always felt that keeping a secret for the sake of a loved one is worth it because everyone has their own story. But, I've recently realized, by accepting this fate, I've brought a whole world of pain to my daughter."

"She debuted at 17-years-old and has never asked the Kim Family for a cent. As a result, she went through many struggles to get to where she is today. But recently, because of me, she has had to feel shame; I feel extremely sorry towards her," Hye Kyo said in seriousness as she tried her best to magnify her voice so everyone could hear it.

"In that case Ms. Hye Kyo, are you here to make an apology?" one of the female reporters immediately asked.

"No, I'm not here to apologize..."

"I'm here to clarify something."

"Because if I don't speak up now, there is no guarantee that my daughter won't continue to be schemed against."

As soon as these words left her mouth, the media were in shock.

It was too obvious what she was referring to; it seemed, she knew who the culprit behind Jennie's recent accident was.

"It sounds like you know who planned the accident on the set of 'Hidden Expert'."

"Oh my God..."

"I know who it is, but I have no evidence. So, the only other thing I can do is stand before you all today and tell you I am no mistress..." As Hye Kyo spoke, her voice trembled. "Today, I will be revealing the entire truth."

"My husband's first wife was not the heiress of Zhongheng Enterprise, Liang Fengqing. His first wife was..." At this moment, Hye Kyo was interrupted by her friend. She had received a phone call from Elder Kim.

"Do you want to pick it up?"

Hye Kyo looked at the media and back at her friend. In order to prevent herself from backing out, she stood firmly on the stage. Just before she picked up the phone, she said to the media, "Please wait two minutes while I take an important phone call."

She then picked up the phone and greeted Elder Kim.

"Hye Kyo, I heard about the press conference you are holding."

"Father, sorry...but Nancy has hurt Jennie too badly this time. I can no longer tolerate it. I must let Jennie know that the three siblings are the actual children of a mistress. Jennie and I have endured too much, I don't want to endure anymore..."

"I won't blame you. If you want to reveal it, then go ahead, I also want to hear about it," Elder Kim replied in a low voice. "I simply hope that you won't say it in a way where it would hurt the other two innocent children."