345

That afternoon at the Kim Family home.

Nancy's extreme actions made Elder Kim realize the truth: Nancy completely couldn't stand Jennie's existence.

But, who was he to depend on to take over the Kim Family business?

After waking up from fainting, Nancy noticed Elder Kim sitting by her bedside. She forced herself to sit up and said to Elder Kim, "Grandfather...I dreamt of my mother again."

"Haiz..." Elder Kim sighed. After the argument earlier, his voice sounded a lot more aged.

"Grandfather, out of Jennie and her mother, I can only endure one of them. I can't withstand both of them being in the Kim household at the same time, it's completely disrespectful to my mother's spirit in heaven."

"What do you want me to do?"

"Since grandfather has already chosen me over Jennie, in order to recover the reputation of the Kim Family, I have an idea. You should officially announce that Jennie is not a part of this family and that her mother brought her into this household from a previous relationship."

Elder Kim did not say a word, but he was obviously heartbroken. He simply stood up and left the room.

However, Jennie knew Elder Kim had indirectly agreed.

Since he had decided to kick Jennie out, then he should not leave any loose ends!

...

"Look, the Kim Family has made an official announcement! So it turns out, Jennie isn't actually related by blood to the Kim Family. Her mother wasn't a mistress, but a widow that got remarried."

"So...she's actually a fake heiress! Here we thought she had a privileged background, but it turns out..."

"The commenter above, shut up. Our Jennie doesn't need the support of the Kim Family anyway, OK?"

"Even though this has been revealed, why do I feel that this announcement is a way of throwing Jennie out there to act as a shield? Just because she's not blood-related, does that mean they can step all over her as they like?"

"We are talking about a rich family here...Do you guys understand rich families?"

The Kim Family indeed ended up making an official announcement that Jennie wasn't related to them by blood and was merely a child from a previous relationship that followed her mother into the household.

In other words, they were saying that her mother being a mistress was a false rumor and the truth behind Jennie's birth and childhood wasn't as bad as everyone thought it was.

But, as a result of this announcement, how many people ridiculed Jennie behind her back?

And how many of those that were previously wary of her background, were now laughing behind her back?

She was merely a fake heiress, yet she managed to stir up the entire Beijing - what a joke!

It was 3pm when Yuna handed the news to Jennie. As soon as she looked through it, she threw it to one side, "This is the Kim Family's PR at work. Just ignore it."

"But, Jennie unnie, for the Kim Family to sacrifice you in this way, don't you feel wronged?" Yuna was so upset she was about to cry.

"Of course I feel wronged," Jennie replied with reddened eyes, "But my response will not be to cry... There are so many people waiting to make a joke out of me and to watch my downfall. What's the use of sitting around feeling wronged?"

"They've really taken things too far!" Yuna threw her phone on the floor.

Jennie lowered her head for a moment and calmed herself down. At that time, she received a phone call from Lisa.