392

After Jennie returned on set, Wei An was actually more nervous than she was. So, before starting her scene, he anxiously asked, "Are you fine with this? Do you need a body double? Should I warn everyone to be careful?"

"Director Wei..." Jennie's voice contained a trace of helplessness.

"OK, I understand, I'll stop worrying," Wei An returned to his seat uncomfortably. He couldn't help it, he was much too afraid of Lisa and was paranoid about how fragile a pregnant woman was. However, as soon as Jennie got into character, Wei An found himself forgetting she was pregnant all the way until the scene was over. "Cut! Time to have a rest and prepare for the next scene," he cheered.

Lisa immediately approached Jennie's side and asked, "Are you still OK?"

Jennie looked down at her stomach and replied, "With Daddy watching over us, how could we not be OK? I'm fine, don't worry."

"Let's find some time to have dinner with the old man," Lisa wrapped his arm around Jennie's​ waist, treating her like a precious treasure whenever he could.

"You're ready to tell grandfather?"

"He performed well as an elder," Lisa replied gently. If Elder Manoban had said anything to hurt Jennie, he would have made him regret returning to Beijing.

Jennie giggled without saying a word. She simply kept her focus on her stomach.

While she filmed, Lisa sat to the side reading books about pregnancy and babies. And after she finished filming, Lisa took care of her lifestyle needs meticulously...

Sometimes, she wished that filming would end quicker. That way, Lisa would have one less thing to worry about.

...

After rumors about Jennie not being able to have children started spreading, Elder Kim had actually showed signs of concern. In private, he had contacted Hye Kyo a few times to express what a pity he felt it was.

He had once hoped that even though Jennie couldn't return to the Kim Family, she could at least leave behind a decent descendant. But now...

...his hopes were gone. How could the old man not feel disappointed?

Although he had plenty of offspring, Jennie was the only one truly capable of assuming responsibility of the family business.

On another note, ever since Nancy was kicked out of the family home, Elder Kim's heart began to soften. After all, blood was thicker than water. So, no matter how big a mistake she made, he knew he would eventually forgive her.

The 20th once again came around. 2pm that day, Elder Kim visited the orphanage like he did every month. However, not long after they left, his assistant noticed there was a car accident which was blocking off the traffic.

"Go have a look at what happened."

Assistant Leng nodded his head and immediately headed over to check on the situation. A moment later, he returned to the car and reported to Elder Kim, "Chairman, a pregnant woman was hit. It's...it's the Big Miss."

"What?" Elder Kim was stunned for a moment before he anxiously reconfirmed, "She was hit?"

"It's not serious. She simply fainted and is being helped by a nurse from a nearby clinic."

"Let's go have a look," Elder Kim sighed as he pushed open the car door. With the assistance of Assistant Leng, he hobbled over, one step at a time with his walking stick, to the scene of the accident.

Seeing Nancy lying on the floor in plain clothes, he shook his head, "Carry her into the car and take her to the hospital."

"But...what will we tell the Madam?" Assistant Leng asked.