256

"However, I accept the challenge!"

Within Manoban Entertainment, Zhen Manni couldn't play any tricks. But, it didn't mean she couldn't do anything in private.

Since Lisa had returned Charlene to her side, she could send Charlene out to do her dirty deeds. If they were to be caught, she'd deny it to the end.

Apart from showing Suzy she had picked the wrong side, Zhen Manni made a move on her because she wanted her to know Jennie had no status in Manoban Entertainment; no matter what dirty underhanded schemes Jennie used to make Lisa her manager, it was impossible for Jennie to surpass her status!

"The President already knows about this incident..." Jisoo explained. "Madam, President won't let this slide!"

Lisa had always detested those that schemed behind people's backs. Not to mention, the incident this time had happened right under his nose. It didn't matter that the person involved was Zhen Manni, even if it was someone else, he still would not let them off.

"How are Suzy's injuries?"

"The media are currently defaming her and Minho. In order not to let the media make up stories about domestic violence, she is currently hiding out at home. Her manager is taking care of her," Jisoo explained.

"Has she seen a doctor?"

"Not sure."

Jennie hung up the phone and gave her husband a phone call, "Hon..."

Lisa held his phone to his ear. Jennie's voice sounded anxious with a trace of anger. So, he responded, "I am already dealing with it. As for Suzy, Minho has already organized for a doctor to see her, don't worry."

"I trust you. However, I really want to go see her!" Jennie gradually calmed down.

"Wait for me to finish some stuff off. I'll go with you," Lisa said gently. "Later tonight, I'll come home and pick you up..."

"OK, I'll wait for you."

After Jennie hung up, Lisa put down his phone. A bone-chilling glare lit up his eyes as he slammed his hands on the table in front of him. He then looked up to face Minho and instructed, "Give her an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth."

As soon as Minho heard this he was shocked. But, he couldn't deny that this was Lisa - the true Lisa; the Lisa with an undeniable ruthlessness. Only in front of Jennie did he soften himself. So, when it came to Zhen Manni...he wasn't going to go easy on her. Even if she was a woman!

"However, don't make a move until after Manoban Entertainment's celebration dinner."

Minho roughly planned out his moves in his mind before nodding his head and leaving Lisa's office.

...

7pm. Lisa returned home right on time. Seeing Jennie lazing on the sofa with an unhappy expression, he stretched out his hand and gently stroked her hair.

Jennie lifted her head to look at Lisa and gave a relieved smile. Because, with him around, she was sure everything would be OK.

Not long after, they arrived outside Suzy's apartment. However, the reporters were everywhere and Jennie couldn't find a place to get out of the car. Originally, Rosé wanted to get out first and provide cover for Jennie. However...Lisa who was sitting next to Jennie suddenly offered, "Let me do it."

Rosé understood and quickly made space for the couple by moving to the side.

Upon seeing Rosé , the reporters immediately knew who was inside the car, so they furiously started snapping photos at the car door. However, as Lisa's head appeared, his cold and handsome face sent a freezing chill in all directions. The originally snap-happy reporters swiftly took a few steps back as they grabbed onto each other's arms and whispered, "Stop taking photos..."

Afterwards, Lisa escorted Jennie out of the car and into Suzy's apartment.

The reporters wanted to follow behind, but they were too afraid. All they could do was let them go; they didn't dare do anything. Otherwise, their newspapers would risk being closed down.

"It's so unfair that Jennie has President Manoban as her manager. Whenever we want to take photos, we need to be wary of President Manoban's mood."

"That's why I think Jennie will win her battle with Zhen Manni."

"Regardless, we have a good show to watch soon, let's just wait. Since President Manoban has arrived, we should stop taking photos. If we anger him, none of us will want to face the consequences."

The reporters discussed amongst themselves. Although they all wanted to capture a huge scoop, they were wary of Lisa.

Not long after, Jennie arrived at Suzy's front door and gave it a knock. Suzy's manager was cautious as she questioned their identities from behind the door. After Jennie identified herself, the door slowly opened and Suzy's manager invited them inside.

Upon seeing Lisa, Suzy's manager started crying without saying anything. Jennie understood as she quickly ushered her into the bathroom to compose herself.

As Suzy was hiding in her bedroom, Lisa did not go inside. Jennie grabbed a glass of water from the kitchen and handed it to Lisa. After ensuring that he'd be alright on his own, she entered Suzy's bedroom.

In actual fact, as soon as Jennie lay eyes on Suzy she wanted so badly to burst out into tears. The corner of Suzy's lips were swollen and the cheekbone under her left eye was bloody; she was barely recognizable. However, Jennie forced herself to smile...

She actually smiled!

"Why are you here?" Suzy desperately tried to cover her face, but Jennie held onto her arm.

"In front of me, what do you have to hide?" Jennie's eyes slowly turned red. "I warned you not to get involved, yet you didn't listen! Don't you know I have Lisa to protect me?"

"There's no point talking about this now."

Not long after, Lisa appeared behind the two women. After taking a quick glance at Suzy, he said to Jennie, "You go out first, I have something to say to Suzy."

Jennie looked at Lisa confusedly.

But, Lisa gave her a reassuring look. So she nodded her head and stood up.

Facing Lisa on her own, Suzy felt a little nervous. She wanted to sit up, but Lisa stopped her, "Just stay there."

"May I ask what President Manoban wants to speak to me about?"

Lisa had an icy-cold vibe as he spun the wedding ring on his finger, "If you truly had good intentions for Jennie, you shouldn't have created a mess like this to make her worry."

"President Manoban, I'm sure you understand why I had to intensify their battle."

"Did you think I would hurt Jennie in order to show fairness in Manoban Entertainment? I don't put up a fake facade like that..." Lisa replied, "So, it's not necessary for you to test me by sacrificing yourself."

"I simply hope that Jennie's marriage was worth it."

"Whether it's worth it, is a matter between us. As for what I decide to do, I don't need to report to you. Seeing you are true to Jennie, I won't make a fuss about it, but...don't ever sacrifice yourself like this again. Hurting yourself is truly not worth it." After speaking, Lisa stood up, left Suzy's room and returned to Jennie's side.

Jennie stood up from the sofa and smiled. She could roughly guess what Lisa talked to Suzy about.

"At the celebration dinner, I will definitely be strong for your sake," Jennie said in a serious tone.