twenty-eight

Outside a single ray of sunshine broke through the clouds.

"Okay, so Tae is lovely, I think we already established that," Yoongi muttered, looking away as his cheeks burned. "But I fail to see why any of this is proof that he likes me. I mean, people kiss each other all the time without it having much significance," he added, eyes flickering down to where Namjoon was still holding his hand.

"His familiar is sleeping on you," Namjoon said calmly. "Bogum wants to hold your hand and preens like a freaking show bird when you're around. I think we can safely say that Taehyung likes you, just a little," Namjoon added with dry smile.

"But why would he like something like me?" Yoongi said, finally confessing what was really on his mind. It had been hovering in the back of his mind ever since Taehyung kissed him. Yoongi just couldn't wrap his head around why Taehyung would have chosen him of all people. There were so many other people who were better and easier to deal with than Yoongi. He just couldn't see why Taehyung would in any way find Yoongi interesting.

"Mental issues." Namjoon said with a straight face. When Yoongi glared at him he cracked up, beginning to laugh. "I don't know, you idiot, you have to ask him. But, Yoongi, you're a much nicer person than you ever give yourself credit for. If one is willing to look past your moody and dramatic demeanorthen you're actually quite the dreamboat," Namjoon added, still smiling – and still holding Yoongi's hand.

Yoongi couldn't help but scoff.

"You are!" Namjoon protested, squeezing Yoongi's hand. "Stop picking yourself apart inside that thick head of yours. People like who they like. You don't have to be worthy if someone likes you," Namjoon huffed, giving Yoongi a stern look.

"But I don't get it," Yoongi snapped back, feeling his cheeks burn with embarrassment. "I'm worth nothing, Namjoon. I have a silly garden and that's it. I have a terrible temper, dislike most people and, as you so nicely pointed out, I don't have the most agreeable personality," Yoongi ranted, his chest feeling tight as he finally allowed all his worries to flow.

"I'm grumpy, sleepy, my magic is all over the place, I have nothing to prove myself with," Yoongi continued. "I don't have any experience. Namjoon, I didn't even notice I had feelings for him until a second ago. I really can't twist any kind of logic into him liking me," Yoongi rushed, puffing up as he spoke.

"You're an idiot," Namjoon said calmly, just blinking slowly as he looked at Yoongi emotionlessly.

"Exactly!" Yoongi agreed, lifting his free arm into the air to emphasize his point. "I'm a huge idiot and Taehyung definitely doesn't like me," he finished, dragging a little at the hand Namjoon was holding so he could cross his arms over his chest.

Namjoon didn't let go of his hand.

"So, he kissed you just because?" Namjoon asked dryly, his eyebrow once more going up to the middle of his forehead. "Sounds nice, come here, Yoongi, let's have a good old-fashioned tongue battle, just as pals," Namjoon added, beginning to lean in as he made exaggerated kissing noises. Since he was still holding Yoongi's hand, Yoongi couldn't do anything else but put his hand up, stopping Namjoon psychically.

He immediately pulled his hand back as if burned.

A wet line of Namjoon's saliva trailed down his palm.

"Ew," Yoongi hissed, whipping his hand on his pants. "Don't you fucking lick me," he snapped, pulling harder to get free from Namjoon. But his friend wasn't having it.

"Then stop fucking proving me right, you idiotic trash can," Namjoon hissed, his grip painfully tight around Yoongi's hand. "You think you're the only one here who feels like a monster? How do you think I feel, there isn't even a term for what I am. I'm the odd, Wild-Elemental Witch hovering in limbo where I'm constantly thrown into the wrong affinity just so no one has to accept that they're wrong. You think you're the only one feeling wrong and dangerous? And you know what? Jin loves me anyway!" Namjoon hissed, eyes narrowing.

AFFINITY.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें