twenty-two

Yoongi wanted to bash his head onto the counter repeatedly. The pain of crushing his own skull had to be more bearable than having to untangle every single charm in the store. Yoongi huffed, once more curing Namjoon, because of course it was his fault.

Yoongi glared at the strands of dried and woven Snipsnap vine in his hands. All this mess and all because someone had flirted with Seokjin while Namjoon had been hanging around in the store. Like Yoongi understood jealousy, he just didn't understand how it merited Namjoon tearing apart his shop. He was never going to get all of these charms untangled. Yoongi could feel his stress levels rise, he already had so much to do, he couldn't handle that his whole schedule was being set back over more inane flirting.

Perhaps he should just insert an announcement of Namjoon and Seokjin's engagement in the newspaper. Perhaps that would put people off. And perhaps force the two idiots into finally proposing to each other.

"You're gonna tear the vine," Jimin said softly, pulling the entangled charms out of Yoongi's hands. "I told you I would take care of it for you so you could get back to restacking the Fever Potions," Jimin added, pointing at the deep violet potions in the corner. Yoongi gave them a sour look.

He hated Fever Potions. They smelled.

"You're gonna mess up the charms again," Yoongi muttered sullenly picking up more of the entangled charms. "You don't know what they're for anyway," he added with a huff as he began to unravel more of the fine threads. The small silver disks chimed as they rattled together. Even in the dim light of the store they seemed to shine a little, an echo of the magic they contained.

"Just because I don't know Elemental magic doesn't know I can't feel the difference," Jimin said with a pointed look at Yoongi. "This one for example is bad," he said holding up a charm that was looking a little dull compared to the others.

"Of course ,it is," Yoongi muttered, dropping the charms in his hands to take the thine necklace away from Jimin. "It's always the balance ones that goes bad first," he muttered throwing it into a recycle bin under the counter. The silver would need to be cleaned for magic before a new spell would stick to it.

"This one is perfect for you," Jimin laughed, picking a tread with four shining charms tied to it and dropping it over Yoongi head. Immediately he felt of energy zapped through him from there the charm rested on his bare collar bones.

"I don't need a reviving charm," he huffed, pulling the little necklace off, the tiredness settling over his shoulder like a blanket the moment the cold silver left his skin. "I'm not a fucking Academy student," he huffed, looking at the old Chinese characters that was stamped into the silver, helping the magic they were infused with stick to the silver.

"With your temper I'm always surprised it's not you who control fire," Jimin grinned, his small nimble fingers working on the vines, untangling them with ease.

"I thought you were against classifying people's personalities based on their elemental affinity," Yoongi muttered trying to hide how he struggled to detangle the vines. It really was unfair that Jimin had such elegant hands.

"Don't you begin or I'll throw control charms at you," Jimin huffed, eyes narrowed in mock anger. "One more and you won't be able to move a muscle," Jimin teased, pointing at the six almost identical charms hanging from a silver chain around Yoongi's neck. The small silver charms were glowing brightly as they leeched excess magic out of Yoongi. The silver shone like bright moon light, a sign they were nearing their maximum capacity.

"I don't know why the amount charms I have on is of such concerns to you," Yoongi huffed, almost tearing the vine he was trying to untangle. They were always on about the same. Sure, six charms slowly absorbing his magic was a lot, enough to kill off most other witches, but for Yoongi it barely made a dent in Yoongi's huge amount of magical overflow.