The Thing

A/N: I'm so very sorry but I had to do the thing called sleep and tbh I haven't done that in so long so you know it was kinda great so yeah, I'll post two chapters today to make up for it c: oh and Angel is back so that means two chapters a night again!

Kayli's POV

"Hey Ollie, wanna stay the night?" I asked as we pulled into my drive. "Sure, I'll go get some clothes from my house," He answered lazily. Mint and I jumped from the car and he drove away. I took Mint's hand and we walked inside. She removed her hand from my grasp and put her arms around me. "When did you figure it out?" She mumbled into my shoulder. I knew what she meant. "Last night." I said, holding her tightly. "Ollie?" She asked, her grip loosening. I knew that meant she wanted to let go, but I didn't. I nodded. "You?" I asked her softly. She laughed quietly and detached herself from me. "Let's just say, I think I've known for a long time. Longer than I care to admit." She told me. "So, what now?" I asked her. She shrugged. "Time is the only way to know." I was happy. But I still miss him.

Realisation grew on me
As quickly as it takes your hand
To warm the cool side of the pillow
I'm there for you, be there for me
I'll hum the song the soldiers sing
As they march outside our window
Hunger of the pine
Sleeplessly
Embracing
You

Mint's POV

We walked inside together, hand in hand. "So...where were you anyway?" She asked timidly. "Ah, I went to go visit Austin but...I ran into Lucias on the way," I said, forcing myself to sound relaxed. She saw past my facade and looked at me. "Oh? And what did he want?" She asked me, trying to sound uninterested. "I-uh, well...he just wanted to say hello, you know..." I said, trying to sound relaxed. She shook her head. "And Austin? How was he?" She asked, obviously knowing I lied. I smiled. "Oh, he seems fine. He was sleeping with Opal," I said, happy he was okay. Kayli's eyes widened. "SLEEPING WIT-" She started, but I cut her off, laughing hard as I locked the door behind us. "Not like, sleeping with her like, 'the thing'," I said, motioning with one finger going in and out of a circle shaped with my index finger and thumb, "but just sleeping next to each other." I gasped in between laughs. "Oh," Kayli said, chuckling at my gesture. "So, about Luke," She began. "What is it with him and you?" She asked me. I shrugged. "Well, uh, we kind of almost kissed..." I said quietly as we went to the kitchen. I began bustling around the kitchen, putting together everything for chicken ravioli, Ollie's favourite. "You almost kissed?" She asked softly. "He backed off, told me I was in love with you, of course." I said quickly. She nodded as I began to stuff the dough. There was a loud noise as Ollie walked in. "You good Olliver?" Kayli called. "Yeah, I hit my head on the door frame." He said as he walked in, chuckling and rubbing his head. "Is that chicken ravioli I smell?" He said, his attention drifting to me. I nodded and smiled. "Well, I will be right back, I need to go get something from my car," He said, wincing as he ducked underneath the top of the door. "Kayli...I was thinking a bit, and I think you need to visit Austin."

---•Doctor Who time skip•---

Austin's POV

I woke up next to Opal and smiled. Her visit helped a lot. I got up and lounged around, lazily making coffee. I turned quickly when I heard the door open. "Kayli," I breathed. "Hi," She said awkwardly. Guarding herself. "So basically, here's how today could go. Either I could end up dating you again, or end up hurting you. Neither of which sound very appealing." She told me quietly. I nodded as Opal woke up. "What time is it?" She asked groggily. "Nine," I said to her. "Oh no!" She exclaimed as she ran out of the room. "So," Kayli said. "I'm sorry," I told her quickly. I shouldn't have done that, it went all wrong-" I began. She crossed the room and kissed me. "It's fine," She mumbled. "We're fine,"