The Same Word

Mint's POV

Everything happened slowly. We were messing around and his arms were around me and now, here he is, so close to me. Millimetres away. I could feel our hearts beating rapidly in rhythm with each other and then I had to. I closed the distance between us, wrapping my arms around his neck. He was enthusiastic and kissed me back too. It felt like we weren't in the water anymore. There was no one there. It was us, all alone. I sighed into his lips and arched my body toward him. All too soon, Kayli pulled us apart and cocked an eyebrow. "As glad as I am THAT finally happened, we're in public. Please." She groaned. Austin swam up to us and stood next to Kayli, wrapping an arm around her. She jumped a tiny bit before blushing. He laughed at her pink cheeks. "Hey, race you across the pool?" Austin asked Greg, obviously sensing Kayli wanted to be with me alone. Greg looked at me, and then nodded and left. Kayli put her hands on her hips. "What the hell just happened?" She asked, smiling. I grinned back. "I have no idea, but it was amazing." I replied, smiling like an idiot. "I don't know, but honestly I think I am dreaming. "Nope, not dreaming but...to kiss him? It seems so unreal." She responded thoughtfully. "I hope you say that as if you are also wondering how I could ever get a guy hotter than hell in July to kiss me and not because you think I'm insane." I threatened playfully. She giggled and rolled her eyes. "Whatever you say.." She laughed. "I'm going to pretend you didn't say that," I said, pushing her lightly.

---•Time skip like the Doctor•---

Kayli's POV

I can't believe they kissed! I shook my head as I opened the door to my room and put on some casual clothes. That's crazy, how could they be so close that fast? I had known Austin forever but we haven't kissed yet. They aren't even dating..? Whatever. I went to the bathroom to fix my hair. I was going to the movies with Austin tonight, so I wanted to look nice but not fancy. I heard a knock at the door and yelled at Mint from my room that I would be back tonight. She yelled back her usual, "Be safe, don't be out late, say hello to the douche for me." I ran through the living room where Mint was sprawled across the couch watching anime. "Bye," I said quickly, opening to the door and grinning at the dazzling smile on the face of the boy at the door. He held out his arm for me to take, and I did, but soon traded it for his hand as we walked to the theatre a couple of blocks away.

---•Time skip like the Doctor•---

The dark room Austin and I sat in was buzzing with noise during the previews. His hand was wrapped around mine as he talked playfully about my tendency to space out. I laughed with him, but something else was on my mind. I wonder.... The movie started and he saw with me, my hand still placed in his. His hand was warm, I noted quickly before turning back to the movie. It was about these young tourists that got trapped in caves somewhere in Asia, but all I could pay attention to was my hand in his. I wasn't sure why this simple gesture was so awkward for me. Maybe after I saw Mint and Greg kiss, it made me pay more attention to what Austin did. Now everything he did was so nice. I looked at his eyes, shining in the light of the large screen. They were so beautiful in the reflection. And his nose was straight and long, dropping down perfectly to a wide smile on his light pink lips. I settled into my chair and intertwined our fingers and breathed out deeply. This was perfect.

Greg's POV

I stared at the ceiling, my fingers on my lips, where hers still lingered. It was a pleasant feeling, like when our hands had brushed. It left me with a tingling sensation running in every place she had touched me. Wow. I got out some clothes for school tomorrow and got in the shower. The warmth surrounded me, filling the room with steam and leaving me too much time to think. I got out and put on clothes and went to the kitchen for some hot tea. Mint told me it was really good in the hospital so I got my mother to buy me some. I wanted to try it, so I made some that was flavoured strawberry cream and went to sit at the table. It was tasty, it was sweet like the title suggested, yet it had a bitter bite to it. I liked it. I picked up my phone and saw two new text messages from my mom. She said that there was bad news.In Iraq there was a bomb dropped. My world stopped. Suddenly I couldn't move. My dad was there. I stared at the messages, unable to process. And life was going so well. I laughed without humour at my luck. I stared at the messages and suddenly it wasn't unreal anymore. Everything hurt. My heart heart hurt. I snorted. Heart and hurt seemed so close to the same word didn't they? A tear slipped down my face. Why?

A/N: This one hurt right in the feels. Ouch. Love it? Hate it? Leave me some feedback so I can criticise your criticism.