Like Smoke

*TRIGGER/FEELS WARNING* Kids-internet-crying-

Kayli's POV

Where was I? The last thing I remember was the little lullaby I heard. Ah, what a sweet song. And then there was pain in my arms...a lot of pain. And then...I can't remember. All I know is that my body is numb. It hurts a little bit in a few places but...other than that I think I'm good. My name is Kayli Thompson, my favourite colour is blue...yep. I think I'm good.

Mint's POV

I sprinted into the hospital and to the desk. Panting out her name, I was sent to room number 129 on the second floor. Bounding to the elevator that went extremely slow, I ran down the hall to room 129 and stopped in front of the door. I took a deep breath and hoped for the best case scenario...but then again, I am in a hospital. I stepped in and shut the door behind me, walking up to the bed. I gasped at the sight in front of me. There were bandages wrapped around her head and gauze taped to her neck. Cuts covered her arms, varying in sizes and colour. Some were a light, puckered pink and the worst were a deep, angry red, reaching far into the skin on her arm. A tear slipped down the side of my face a dropped into her wrist. This causes more to fall, until I had to vacate to a corner to stare at her peaceful face and quietly sob. I shook my head slowly as more tears fell down my face. Why? Why her? What happened? Soon Stella came in, as breathless as I felt. She say beside me and rubbed my shoulder, frowning at the sight in front of her. Soon a nurse walks in, and I stand quickly at her arrival. "What happened?" I quietly demanded of her. "She lost a lot of blood from her arms and neck. She fell and hit her head on a tree." She said quietly back, monotonous despite my tone. "Memory loss?" I asked. She shrugged. "She hasn't woken up since she was brought in. We aren't sure." I narrowed my eyes at her but when back to stand next to her, looking down at her still form. Why? I wanted to run. I wanted to leave. She said she wouldn't. But I stayed where I was. I didn't move. Because I loved her.

Austin's POV

I sat in the corner of my room at my desk and stared at my phone. Still no response. I frowned but shrugged it off, getting on my computer. Turning on some Imagine Dragons, I went over to my bed and threw myself down on it, letting the words fill my head so I didn't have to think about anything else. Agh, this sucks. Why hasn't she said anything? Wouldn't she have seen it by now? I groaned and put a pillow on my face. Is it me? Damn it. She's like smoke. I think I've got her but I open my hands and she isn't there. I say up and went outside. It had started sprinkling and I looked up at the sky, shielding my eyes from the minuscule drops of rain. Looks like it'll rain bad. I went back inside into the living room and looked at the television. Grabbing the remote, I turned on some crime investigation and slowly drifted to sleep.

Greg's POV

No. This can't be happening. So I'm jogging, I'm a mile away from home, and it starts raining. ITS. RAINING. The closest thing to me for blocks is the hospital, I run inside behind a black haired girl, and I raise my eyebrows as I realise she's in my seventh hour gym. Stella? Huh weird. "Oh, are you hear for 129 too like her? Second floor sweetie." I was about to shake my head but she left. I had no choice. I went to the elevator, but a different one then the raven haired teen that I saw earlier. I went to floor 2 and walked slowly to room 129. I had no idea who was in there, but it was all I could do to stay out of the rain. Walking in, I covered my mouth with my hand when I saw who was in the bed. Kayli. No! Nononono! I looked around at everyone in the room. Besides Kayli, there's Stella and- uh oh. Mint. She looks up at me with wide eyes and smiles sadly. I smile back and sit by her. "Not a sight I expected to see," I said to her, attempting at conversation. "Honestly, I don't think anyone was really expecting to see it at all." She said, turning her head towards me without realises I was doing the same. Her face centimetres from mine. We both blushed but neither of us wavered our stare. "But what can you do?" She said quietly, her sweet breath fanning across my face. I was the first to look away, my face turning dark red. From the corner of my eye, she blushed even darker. I smiled to myself. What a thing to find in room 129.

A/N: Sorry bout the length of this one folks, too much idea not enough space. If you thinks it lacks creativity, sorry, I'm listening to bad country music. Love you to death Luke Bryan, but pls. Love it? Hate it? Leave me some feedback so I can criticise your criticism!