20th Special

A/N: It's the magical chapter twenty so we're going to make this REALLY go down, shall we? c;

Mint's POV

My mum and dad and Kayli's mum were all right with me spending the weekend over at her house. She and I walked to my house to get my stuff and came back with everything I needed. I Made us some coffee and we cuddled on the couch to watch a movie. We did that all the time, but now it felt, different somehow. Being near her made me feel warmer than usual, happier. I realised I was staring at her when she looked up and blushed. I laughed and went back to watching the movie, stealing glances at her. Suddenly, I had an intense need to hug her. I got up and went to the kitchen to make dinner. I threw together some chicken Alfredo and made some garlic bread. Soon the smell of food Drew Kayli into the kitchen for some dinner. I set it on a placemat on the table and mine next to it. We ate quietly. It wasn't awkward, we were well fitted for each other. The silence wasn't weird, we liked it better that way. When we finished, I put both of our plates in the sink and washed them. Kayli told me she was going to go on a walk a bit. I nodded and went back to the living room to draw.

Austin's POV

I sat through and agonising dinner with my parents. They eat so slow. My father finally finished and I jumped up and ran to my room. I needed some way to keep Kayli and Mint apart until I could find Mint a boyfriend. I texted Greg quickly. "Are you still trying to get Mint back?" "No, she's a lost cause." He answered. I slammed my fist on my desk and texted him again. "Keep. Trying." I can't lose her, she can't leave me. I need her.

Colours don't ever change
But you change the way I see them
Words will fade once you explain
But I'll remember them the same
In these last few hours
Start counting backwards
Falling in reverse
Saying goodbye is always the hardest
You don't have to ask for anything
Because you are my everything
I never felt complete without you
I'll never heal, I'll never forget
Want to leave my hate and surrender what's left but,
I'm all burnt out in words from a liar's mouth
If you want more just know that there's none left to give
Must I die for you to live?

Kayli's POV

I walked along the sidewalk and paused as I heard a menacing growl in the bushes, I turned quickly to come to find a large dog staring at me. It pounced, and I was out.

---•Time skip like the Doctor•---

"Kayli? Kayli!" I hear, waking to cold water being splashed across my face. I look around, disoriented, and find myself on the table in the dining room. I sat up slowly, wincing. "How'd I get here?" I asked, looking at Mint. "I carried you here from the sidewalk." She said calmly. "WH-How!?" I asked quickly. "Like this!" She said, scooping me up from the table and spinning me around. "Put me down!!" I scolded her, laughing. She stopped spinning me, her face sobering, only centimetres from mine. I couldn't take it. I leaned forward and closed the distance between us.

Greg's POV

What the hell does he mean, keep trying? She's done with me. I know this. She knows this. So...why does he want me to try? What's the idea? I scavenged my brain for any explanation for him wanting me to date Mint. I came up with a blank. Why did he even care? I wouldn't have known him at all if it weren't for Mint, so why is he on asking for favours. I scowl at the wall. I shouldn't have lost her. This would be so much better if I had. Hmm, do you think Austin is- no. If I'm with Mint, she's not with anyone else, so, she likes him? She likes him and he doesn't like her, so he needs her with someone else? I cringed at the thought of her with him. He's a douche. Everyone knows that. This cannot be happening.

A/N: Well shit that happened. I can't even explain what was going through my head when I wrote this but...I like it. Love it? Hate it? Leave me some feedback so I can criticise your criticism!