Chapter Forty-Three

En başından başla

"Of course," she chirped, she shoot me a wink as if she knew what Alexander had planned.

As I waved goodbye, I trodded merrily towards the exit, on my way to see what dress Alexander had picked out for me.

***

When I arrived at the mansion, I hopped out the car and went straight towards the bedroom. When I got there, I saw the dress on the bed.

I went to take a closer look. A cream-coloured mini dress, satin lining held the dress together, on top was fine mesh with floral and leaf embroidery. The neckline of the dress was round, it was connected to satin pieces to tie at the back, creating an elegant bow. The dress was complete with long mesh sleeves, cinched at the wrists, allowing it to flow. When I picked the dress up to admire it, it felt soft and sheer.

I was taken back and lost for thoughts, this dress was perfect and beautiful to wear for a date at the restaurant. On the floor, close to the bed I notice a pair of heels. Picking them up to get a better inspection. It was a pair of open square toe, height pointed heels. It had a sling back strap, with diamanté-embellished straps across the front.

Without pondering too much, I quickly freshened myself in the shower and got ready ready to see Alexander.

***

Finally ready, I took one quick glance in the mirror before making my way downstairs, where the driver was waiting for me.

I opted to style my caramel blonde hair in loose curls. I stayed with the decision to keep my makeup minimal and went with a nude look.

As I walked down the main room towards the door to leave, Maggie peered through from what I could see in the corner of my eye. I looked over towards my left and sent her a smile and waved her goodbye. The strange thing was, that she had the same sinister look Lily had, when she gave me the note from Alexander.

Was everyone in on some kind of secret and I was the only one left out?

Delicately shrugging my shoulders, I pushed my confusion to the back of my head. The only thing I was looking forward to, was seeing Alexander.

The car journey to the Italian Rooftop Restaurant felt like it was elongated, it felt like I was never going to reach there. Much to my surprise the driver came to a quick halt, jumped from his seat and opened the door for me.

The thought of food and Alexander entered my mind whilst I entered the restaurant, I suddenly felt like I was going to salivate. My stomach churned as it cried out for food.

Listening to my stomach, I make my way to the top. When I arrived, emptiness welcomed me. There was not a soul in the restaurant, yet the place was beautifully decorated as if it was expecting a surge of people to enter. It then connected in my brain that Alexander somehow booked the whole restaurant just for us.

Far across the room, close to the balcony I saw Alexander, sitting waiting for me. Getting closer, he became clearer within my vision. Seeing him in a pristine black suit, that almost had a velvet sheen to it. Dapper white shirt, paired with black trousers, hugged his body effortlessly. When he turned and noticed me walking up to him, his mouth dropped as if he was amazed at what he witnessing.

Our eyes connected as if two lost souls were searching for each other. It was like a magnet pulling our gazes together. When I saw the ever so dreamy smile appear on his face, I couldn't help but blush and feel shy. A warm glow made its way to the surface of my skin. Heating me up as if fire was surrounding me.