Chapter 17: Mommy's Café

~Zia's POV~

"Ahhh...home sweet, kinda home!" Bix yelled as he laid down the bed of our room.

"Get up. Grab something to eat." Liv ordered him as we raced to the door.

"Hey, where are you two going?" Siri asked.

"We're getting new phones and bikes."

"Oh goodie! I've had this phone for ages." Bix excitedly cried.

"I mean disposable ones, like those old Nokia phones oldies used."

Siri groaned. "Oh come o-"

"No complaints. We're on the move. Go!"

"You guys like pizza?!" She shouted just after Liv opened the door before me.

"Sure!"

"So what's out next move?" I asked. The ring of the bell on the elevator waved at my ear after I pressed the ground level.

"We go to the island tomorrow."

"Why did we even land here when we can just land at the island?"

"Zee, the island's cloaked. History says that they wanted the island to be in a crowd but...not seen by the naked eye."

"Kinda smart. How are we gonna go there though? It says there in the map that it's in the middle of..."

"...Bermuda triangle, yep. That place was made so normal people couldn't go there. Don't worry. We'll think of something." I nodded. "Hey, what if we go there after a week? Your powers would be useful to us-"

"No. We don't have that much time. We need to go there to look for answers. There'd be tons of people to help us there to- to look for my mom. We can't stop now."

"I get it, Zee." We heard a ding and the elevator opened. "I'm sure we'd be protected anyway, since we're gifted."

"Yeah...We need to get a boat though."

"I'll take care of it. For now, let's get those stuff we need."

~Someone's POV~

Meanwhile...

"What do we do now?"

"I have no idea." She answered.

"Those kids are trouble. We need to-"

"Kill them."

"Hey, I thought no one was supposed to get hurt?" He asked the demonic figure in front of him. "You already took Eva, isn't that enough?"

"Oh well, things got a little bit too...predictable. I suppose it might be time for a change."

"This wasn't a part of the plan!"

"Calm down, sweet angel. We all need this. You need this."

~Eva's POV~

"Wow! I've never been here!" We just got out the exit of the airport. The air felt incredibly fresh.

"Oh, but you did. You'll see when we get to the café." He smirked. "Taxi!"

.............................................................................

The smell of lavender from her hair, covered my nose. Everything was a haze but I felt safe with her in my arms. "Mom, where's Mia now?"

I pointed to the little girl's heart. "She's right here..." Then I saw a figure of a woman at the side.

"Eva, wake up! Eva...!"