Chapter 8: Home Sweet Not Home

~Eva's POV~

I slowly opened my eyes. Everything was a blur. I felt the gauge when I placed my hand on my head.

Where am I? I was laying on a room colored in cream. The white, small bed smelled of roses and the atmosphere was rather calming. It looked like I was in a....

"Hey, you're awake." A guy entered the room.

"Who are you?" He looked pleasantly...attractive. It felt off for a second but I adjusted and kept my thinking straight.

"You don't remember me" I completely ignored his question.

"Where am I?"

"You're in a hospital...don't you remember the accident?"

"Accident? I- don't."

"Do you remember...anything? What's your name?"

"I'm...I don't know."

"Cassie, I'm Dean Harrison...your husband."

~Ryder's POV~

Everyone couldn't rest with too much pressure put in us with this case. I pulled out my cell from my purse and dialed my husband's number. "Love, I'm staying at the headquarters for today. Zia's still missing."

"Sure uhhh what about Bixby?"

"Forward the babysitter's number to me. I'll check on him."

"Ok. Update me."

"Where are you?"

"Still at the office. People are pouring at the club this weekend."

"Don't forget to eat dinner."

"Alright, you too. Take care." I hung up then my phone buzzed after a second. It was Livvi's number. I called it right after Kai sent it to me.

"Come on, Liv. Pick up."

"The number you are trying to re-"

"Arghh" I tried calling her again.

"The numbe-"

"What the hell?"

I dialed Bixby's number and tried calling it. "The nu-"

"No no no." I got up from my seat and went to Helix. "I'm heading out."

"Why- where are you going?"

"Bixby. His babysitter won't answer."

"Oh we-well BE CAREFUL OUT THER-" I didn't hear the rest of her sentence. Just the thought of Bixby gone, haunted me. I entered my car.

"Call Kai." "Calling Kai..."

"Hey, what did the sitter say?"

"She's not answering. I'm heading at our condo."

"What?! I'll try calling her. I'm leaving here-"

"No. Stay there. I'll call you if something happens."

"But what if the guy that took Ev-"

"I can handle myself. Trust me."

"Tsk fine. Just...call me when you get there." He sounded so baffled. Oh my Kai...

"Yes, I will."

"Be careful." I hung up on him and started driving faster to our condominium.

I left my car as soon as it touched our parking lot. I ran up inside and saw no one in our condo. The lights were closed. It didn't look like they left in a rush.