Chapter 56: Sophie

When I woke back up, I didn't know anything for a second. 

"Whahappenwherami" I mumbled sleepily. I looked around and saw Biana lying on the floor passed out in a pool of blood.

"Ugh, does Biana just like to be passed out in a pool of blood or something?" I muttered as I crawled over to her, ripping up some more of my dress and wrapping it around her arm. I checked my boot, and laughed slightly. Thank god, they didn't take my panakes blossoms. I pushed some into Biana's mouth, and she opened her eyes slowly. 

"Sophie?" She flinched when I tried to give her another panakes blossom, and my memories of earlier flooded back into my mind. I fell back, my hand flying up to cover my mouth. 

"I'm-I'm so sorry Biana!" I cried out, biting my hand to keep from sobbing, but the tears came anyway. I curled up in the opposite corner from Biana, guilt washing over me. I knew what happened now. It was like, she was some kind of Mesmer. She latched some thing onto me, and managed to control me. How did she do that?  I carefully pulled out the rest of panakes blossoms and set them close to her and backed away. She sighed, evident worry in her eyes.

"Sophie-" she tried to place a hand on my arm, and I jerked away. 

"Don't touch me!" I cried, silent tears streaming down my face. "She might still be here!"

I stood up and looked around wildly. 

"Belladonna! If you're listening, which knowing you, you are, please know that I'm sorry. I never meant for it to happen the way it did. Please talk to me. Please."

Her name is pronounced Bella-don-na. So say John, but instead of a J, a D. Sorry, I don't really know how to explain it.

I collapsed, trying to hold myself together, and then the air went still. Stiller than normal. Even the shadows seemed to be scared as they moved slightly. 

"Sophie?" Biana whispered, so much fear in her voice, that my head whipped up. 

A slender black figure pulled back her hood, revealing glossy black hair pulled up into a long ponytail, and navy blue eyes. 

"But..." I started. Something about her appearance...was wrong. She didn't have blue eyes...

"Yeah, yeah." She rolled her eyes. Her blue eyes, before carefully touching her eyes and taking out...contacts? I laughed quietly. 

"Really? Contacts?"

She gritted her perfect gleaming white teeth. I studied her eyes and smiled at the familiar eggplant purple with beautiful golden flecks in them. 

Ok I know eggplant purple in a weird purple, but that's the best shade I could find that matched what color I wanted her eyes. Just look it up, it's actually really pretty. (And look at the more dark purple versions of it)

"You turned me in." Was all she said.

"Bella, I was 4. Let it go."

"NO! I CAN'T JUST LET IT GO BECAUSE YOU PROMISED ME! You told me—you told me you'd never look at me like I was a—a freak. And I will never forget the look in your eyes before you ran away and turned me in. Fear."

"Bella-"

"NO! You were afraid of me! And you promised."

I was about to try and reason with her when Biana cut in. 

"Sophie? Who is this?"

I sighed, not taking my eyes off of Bella's. 

"This is Belladonna. She was my only friend, ever, until I was four, and she told me that she could make people do anything she wanted. She was my friend-"