Chapter 25: Dex

I've been listening to that song over and over for like the past hour. I think it's such a good fit to the Keeper Crew.

It feels like it's been years since we saw Sophie last, and it's only been 2 weeks. I've been working with anyone who can help day and night to find her. I don't think Keefe's slept through the night once since Sophie was taken. I feel horrible that I'm so useless. I should be able to find Sophie. I wish I knew where she was. Then I saw it. I was searching threw the data base of Sophie's panic ring, and I saw that she'd managed to keep it on longer than I'd thought. I picked up my imparter. 

"Marella Redek." 

Marella had been my girlfriend for a few months now, and I've been calling her whenever I though that I'd found something. 

"Hey Dex! Did you find something?"

I shrugged. "I think I did - but don't tell anyone, I might be wrong and I don't wanna get anyone's hopes up."

She nodded, understanding and clicked away. A few minutes later she popped her head into my room. She came over and hugged me. "Ok lets see it. Have you looked at it yet?" 

I shook my head. She wrapped her arms around my shoulders and leaned on me from behind. I scrolled through the files. But it just cut off. Like someone snipped the information off. Before they even got to the location. I tensed, and through a book across the room and leaned into Marella. She held me tighter and whispered In my ear.

"I know what your think Dex. You're NOT useless. You're incredible, and smart, and sweet. You know that if Sophie was here she'd tell you the same thing. Stop beating yourself up." 

I sighed, and turned around and buried my face in Marella's shoulder. I wish Sophie were here.

So I actually started chapter 26 before this, (obviously it was called 25 at the time) and then I realized skipping 7 1/2 months without a chapter in between wouldn't be all that great. So here you go.

-LoveBooks151515