Chapter 40: Marella

Hey guys! I made it to chapter 40! Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all the views and support. So many people on this platform are so kind. ❤️ I don't know all your usernames, but this chapter is dedicated to anyone who is reading this for sticking with me this long! Now, into the chapter. (Btw, Megan and Nathen are 2 [Sokeefe], Kaitlynn is 2 [Tiana], Emerson is 1 [Tiana], Charlie is 1 [Lylie], and Paige is not quite 1 [Tiana])

"Thanks Elwin, it means a lot. We've never done this before and it's all new."

Me and Dex walked out of the healing center after what would probably be our last visit with just the two of us. Me and Dex got married about a year and a half ago, and I got pregnant about 9 months ago. Out first child. We didn't know if it was going to be a girl or boy, but we decided if it was a boy, his name would be Justin, and if it was a girl, her name would be Rose. We walked out, Dex holding my hand, which meant so much to me. For so many years, people were afraid I would burn them if they held my hand. That's why I was so worried.

"Mare. STOP worrying so much. You can control it. You haven't burned anyone in years, and you certainly won't burn our child." 

I stoped, pulled my hand away and looked at him. 

"You can't possibly be sure of that!" I cried, "What if I burn them beyond Elwin's ability? What if they get pryokinesis? I can't stand not knowing what my child's fate will be! How are you so calm?"

He sighed and grabbed my hand. Looking me straight in the eye, he said.

"I can be sure of that Mare. You will not burn our child because you have outstanding focus and control. Why do you think I hold your hand? It's because i trust you! If our child gets pryokinesis, then they will have the best mentor and mother to do the job. I'm calm because everything happens for a reason, and anything that happens will be for the better." 

I looked at him and faltered. "Dex..." 

He gently grabbed my hand and led us to the leapmaster, and we went home with me feeling horrible. 

<><><><><><><>Time Skip<><><><><><><>

Later that afternoon (around 5 ish)

I was sitting on the couch, trying to figure out how to apologize to Dex. He was so kind to me, and didn't deserve to have me snap at him. Then I felt it. The baby was coming.

No. I am not getting into details, *gags* honestly, there are some things I'd like to stay a mystery for a little longer. 

I hobbled into the living room and put my shoes on. 

"Where are you going Mare?" Dex asked me. 

I looked at my feet. "The baby's coming." 

He looked at me, and looked mildly annoyed. "And you thought I wouldn't be there?"

"I thought you wouldn't want to be there."

He looked me up and down, confused. Then realization dawned on his face. "Mare. I would never want to miss the birth of our child. You have every right to be worried, and I was just upset because you had no faith in your ability. Now c'mon." 

He guided me to the leapmaster and we were swept into the light. 

<><><><><><>Line Break<><><><><><>

We walked fast into the healing center, and Dex quickly explained to Elwin what was going on and I was told to lay down. Everything went by so fast, I didn't register what was happening but then I heard it. Bullhorn. A shrill scream. Dex had been waiting in the hall, and he burst in, terror on his face.