Chapter 35: Sophie

"NATHENNNN! GIVE. IT. BACK. NOWW!!"

"NOPE! YOU'RE TO SLOW!" 

"MOOMMMMMMMM!"

"THAT'S THE BEST YOU CAN DO? RUN TO MOM?"

I sighed. Keefe was still asleep, well, WAS. His eyes opened so fast if I'd blinked I wouldn't missed it. He looked around wildly, then heard the next round of screaming coming from the twins room. He sighed and kissed me. 

"Again?" He murmured.

I smiled slightly. "Yup. Try and go back to sleep. You had a long night last night, I'll calm them down."

I got up out of bed, and walked down to the twin's room. I came into the door frame, and silently watched as they argued over...was that......Ugh. It was Megan's photo album. She loved that thing, and it had so many pictures of me, Keefe and all of our friends. Megan and Nathen loved them like family. My favorite saying from when I lived with the humans was,

Blood make you related. Love makes you family.

I told this to Megan and Nathen constantly, because I wanted them to know that they chose their own family. Since they knew this, because I said it constantly, they considered all of us family. Biana and Tam's kids, Kaitlynn, who's two - just like Megan and Nathen, Emerson, who's 1, and Linh and Wylie's son, Charlie, who's also 1. Plus the whole rest of the crew. Kaitlynn and Megan were almost as close as Megan and Nathen are. They're practically inseparable - like sisters. Nathen hung around with the girls until Emerson and Charlie were born. 

If you're thinking about Emery, and how the name is related to Emerson, no there's no particular connection between the two. I named him Emerson, and then later realized that it sounded a lot like Emery, but I like the name Emerson so I'm going for it :)

I cleared my throat, and the screaming fell silent. They stared at me, frozen, Nathen's hand in the air, holding Megan's album. They looked at me sheepishly. 

"I just wanted to look at the picture mom! I promise!" Nathen protested, and Megan scoffed. "More like keep it away from me! Now, give - it - back!" She jumped up to reach the book with every word, and on 'back' she snatched it triumphantly form Nathen's grasp. 

"Nathen, stop stealing Megan's stuff. And Megan, if he wants to look through your album, let him. You can share. And besides. I have a surprise." 

They looked at each other, excited. "We're going to Everglen today!" 

They jumped up and down and celebrated. I smiled, and left them in the room to brainstorm their next great prank on Kaitlynn, Emerson, and Charlie. I walked into their closet's and picked out some cute clothes for them. I picked out a cute black shirt and a black and white polka-dotted skirt for Megan, and a white shirt, denim jacket and jeans for Nathen.

Megan's outfit: 

Nathen's outfit:

Nathen's outfit:

I got them changed and sat them in the living room with some Mallowmelt while I went upstairs to change

I got them changed and sat them in the living room with some Mallowmelt while I went upstairs to change. Keefe was already ready, hair styled and all. He kissed me, and smirked and went downstairs to entertain Megan and Nathen. I picked out a short pink dress with a lace-y part at the top.

Sophie's dress:

As I came downstairs, Keefe stared at me

"You look beautiful," he said, and I blushed. He proceeded to smirk and I rolled my eyes, but I smiled. He spun me around and kissed me. I really was the luckiest person in the world to be married to such a wonderful person, and to have such a loving family. We sat down on the couch, and watched Megan and Nathen as we waited for it to be time to leave.

Hey guys! I thought I'd mention that when the twins turn 11 or 12 ish/the time they start to go to FoxFire, there is going to POV chapters for them. Yay! I'm looking forward to writing it. Also, the song at the top is a pretty accurate representation of Keefe and Tam's relationship don't you think?

-LoveBooks151515