Chapter 30: Keefe

Me and Sophie walked into Nightfall hand in hand. She was squeezing my hand so tight that it started to turn white.  I grimaced out a smile. 

"Are you trying to squeeze the life out of my hand?"

She smiled weakly. "Sorry. I'm worried about Nathen."

I squeezed her hand gently. "We'll find him. It'll be ok."

She looked away. I knew she was trying to hide it, but I saw a silent tear slide down her face. We continued to wander around, until I groaned. 

"This is taking foreverrr." I sighed. "Don't we have a faster way to do this?" 

But of course Bangs Boy was the one who spoke up. He was holding Biana's free hand and holding Megan with her other one. "Um can't Sophie just track his mind?" Sophie smiled weakly, and then quietly said, "Shadow?" And he nodded and his shadow passed over her. She closed her eyes, and I could feel her energy lowering as time went on. Then she opened her eyes, which had a blank look in them. 

"I can feel someone. But it might be him but it also might be Nathen."  

We all nodded. Then Sophie continued. "Biana, you take Megan and vanish. Follow behind us invisible. You'll be our secret weapon. The rest of us will go towards the mind. Keefe, make sure I don't walk into a wall. Let's go." 

Biana and my baby girl vanished, and I guided Sophie away from the walls as she guided us in the right direction. Eventually we came to a door marked with a glowing Captured.

I dropped Sophie's hand and wiggled the door handle. Locked. I looked desperately at Dex, and he stepped forward and picked the lock. It took him a few minutes, and every second that passed killed me. My son was in there, and I was stuck out here, unable to do anything. When Dex finally busted into the room, I saw a small figure on a table. Wrapped in a blue blanket. But a sob escaped my throat when I saw the chins around him. Sophie ran over to our baby and stroked his head. She kissed him forehead, and looked wildly around the room until her eyes rested on Dex. He walked over and set to work. When he was finally free, I picked him up and Sophie buried her face in Dex's shoulder. She whispered "Thank you Dex. Thank you." Over and over and over again. I pulled her off his shoulder and handed her Nathen. She hugged him, and then stiffened. She turned around towards the door. A man walked in. He had hair black as night, eyes dark as coal, and skin pale as snow. He was striking, I guess, and he had a strong jaw line and a cold proud look. But with his eyes the only word I could think of were, well, Creepy! This guy gave me a strange feeling. I wrapped an arm around my wife and son. I hoped that Biana would keep Megan safe. But I trusted her. I knew she would. Plus, Megan seemed to have immediately taken to Biana. The man smiled coldly. 

"I see you've found my son."

Sophie stiffened and I saw Sophie's eyes turn cold as ice. She handed Nathen to me and stiffly stalked over to the man. She got right up into his face and was so cold and angry when she said, 

"He is NOT your son." 

The room's temperature seemed to drop multiple degrees. Everyone shifted uncomfortably, even the strange man. He frowned and backed up a step. I thought it was so strange. But Sophie muttered to him. None of us could hear her, but I did manage to catch the last thing she said. 

"So. What's it gonna be? Leave Nightfall and my children alone, and I will not ever look for you again. You try and fight? I will tear you to pieces."

I shuddered. Sophie had her moments when she could be very scary, and this was definitely one of them. But, the man walked out of the room with a smirk growing on his face. Why did he think that Nathen was his son?

Hope that wasn't horrible. I know Sophie's a little out of character...but i kinda like scary Sophie. Also, if you considered this, no, the twins are Keefe's and Sophie's. Hope you liked it. I'm still super sad. If you've read Allegiant, (from Divergent) you know what I, talking about. I feel so sad, and it's just a book character. Is it strange that I care so so much about characters that aren't even real? 

-LoveBooks151515