Chapter 39: Tam

Your author here is seriously a lazy person rn. It's been a while. Idk how long EXACTLY, but I'm introducing a new character and this is when she was born. Sorry I didn't do the twins, but I needed the mysterious air to not knowing what was happening to Sophie. 

I woke up to a shrill gasp. I bolted up, and next to me, Biana was sitting up, holding her stomach, which, over the past 9 months had grown quite a bit. 

"What?" I demanded. Biana looked at me. "She's coming Tam. We should go to the healing center." 

I nodded, telling her to go to the leapmaster, and I would get Kaitlynn and Emerson. I walked into their rooms and got them up, not bothering to get them dressed. I carried them downstairs and we leaped to FoxFire. Elwin had told us that he would be spending nights in the healing center just in case. Biana thought it was sweet, but I told him he didn't have to do that.we walked into the healing center, and woke up Elwin. He had me wait right outside, just to give Biana a little privacy. And so I could watch Kaitlynn and Emerson. 

"Daddy?" Kaitlynn asked me. "Yes Baby?" I answered. 

Don't you just think it's cute that he calls her baby? Definitely Un-Tam like, but I like it.

"Where's mommy?" I smiled and put her on my lap. 

"Do you remember mommy and daddy telling you that you were getting a baby sister?" 

She nodded and tapped her head. Kaitlynn had a photographic memory, so I guess she didn't forget stuff very often. 

"Well your baby sister is coming now!" I said excitedly. She smiled and jumped up and down. She danced and said, "FINALLY! I'm not gonna be stuck with this boy only." She flicked Emerson's head and, though I wanted to smile, I said, "Kaitlynn..." 

"Fine, fine." She grumbled. About a half hour later, Elwin came out and told us we could come in now. We rushed in to Biana on a cot holding a pink bundle. I sat down next to Biana and gently took our new baby girl out of her arms. 

"Hi," I whispered to my new baby girl. I looked at Biana.

"So. What name should we go with? Paige, Nova, or Olivia?" 

Biana thought hard for about...10 seconds. "Paige." She stated simply. I smiled and looked at the baby in my arms. 

"Hi Paige. Welcome to the world." 

Kaitlynn and Emerson climbed onto the bed. "Another sister? I want a brother!" Emerson exclaimed, making us laugh. Kaitlynn held her hands out to hold Paige, and we situated her so she was sitting up against Biana, then let her hold her. "What's her name?" She asked, looking up at me. 

"Paige Vacker." Biana said, grinning.