Chapter 6: Dex

"Ugh." That's literally the only thing I could think to say.

"You guys weren't kissing or anything right......?"

Sophie made a face.

"Um, no. Of course not. I might've fallen asleep on his chest though......"

I facepalmed. Of course. Everything was a bit...awkward, but I heard a small beep. I looked down, my dad had messaged me on my imparter, asking for help at Slurps and Burps.

"Well...I'm sorry, but I gotta go. Business calls!" I lifted my hand like this Superman dude I'd seen with human movies and stuff, trying to cheer Sophie up. It worked, and Sophie cracked a smile.

______________________________________________________

When I got back to Slurps and Burps, all I could think about was Sophie and Keefe. I mean,

everyone knew Keefe liked her, but no one ever thought she liked him too! But then it hit me. Alluveterre. Keefe seemed pretty miffed about his dad's book that the Black Swan made him read, and I wondered why it was so bad, and that night when I was sure that Keefe fell asleep, i put a sedative on him and stole the book. I stayed up all night reading it, and when I looked at the time, it was 7:30 in the morning! I snuck the book back into Keefe's room and went to sleep. As I was thinking about this memory, I remembered reading a theory that Keefe had wrote in the book.

People have different emotions in their head and their heart. The reason is because the emotions in your heads are the emotions that you can control, and those are the familiar emotions, and you encourage them. The emotions in your heart are the unknown emotions that you aren't comfortable with, and you push them down and try to ignore them. In the end your emotions in your heart will always come through though.

That must be why Sophie suddenly liked Keefe! She'd liked him the whole time and never realized it. And nobody else knew but Keefe. But why didn't he say anything until now? Everyone knows that Keefe would do anything for Sophie. Well, everyone BUT Sophie. I sat there in that spot, staring at the walls as I cleaned the shelfs. Day turned to night and my dad said it was time to close, and we leaped home. It was around one in the morning when I fell asleep. I'd been trying to figure out why Keefe hadn't told Sophie he liked her, even though he'd been flirting with her for years. I couldn't think of a reasonable answer as I drifted off to sleep. 

Something Immortal (A Sokeefe Story)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें