Chapter 28: Sophie

Ok, so now that i've probably successfully annoyed you all by posting two non-updates in one day, time for the actual chapter. 

I froze and stiffened. Then the flashbacks started. I knew I had what the humans called PTSD, but I'd never told anyone. I couldn't let them worry more. But I knew I couldn't stop this. I clutched my head and fell to the ground. My vision started to blur, and I say everyone cry out. Keefe dropped down next to me. 

"Sophie? Sophie talk to me. Please Sophie please." Keefe whispered. I tried to speak, to assure them that I was fine, but as the flickering images of fire, shattering mirrors, blood, poison flying, and two broken bodies flashed through my vision, and grabbed my head and put it between my knees. I screamed as I remembered the pain of that day. I lifted my head up shakily. 

"Breathe." I muttered. "Mindless. Blank. Fine. Safe. Safe. Safe. In, Out. In, Out. Calm. Calm." I repeated this so many times, getting louder each time, and I was sure everyone heard me but I didn't care. I was breathing heavily. I let my mind go blank. I started to cry, as I did every time this happened. I let my mind wander to the things I loved. Keefe. My twins. My mom and dad. Everyone I've ever loved in my life. I slowly lifted my head up and saw a mirror that was kind of shattered. I looked at myself. Tear's streaming down my face, but blank glassy eyes. I scrambled back. No. I will not break. I will not lose love. I will not lose my conscious. I grabbed a knife out of boot from a hidden pocket. Everyone jumped back. I still had tears in my eyes, as I threw the knife and completely destroyed the mirror. I started to sob and leaned into Keefe, trying to wash the memory's away like a tide. 

Hi guys! Thanks for sticking with me. I was gonna make them go and find Megan's twin brother, but then I was like, there's absolutely no way Sophie could've gone through that night without having some sort of trauma afterwards. Also, I'm so sorry if this is inaccurate, I do not have PTSD. Thank you guys so much for all the reads.

-LoveBooks151515