Chapter 9: Grady

Me and Eda were upstairs finishing up some work in our offices when we heard Sophie shout up,

"Mom! Dad! Can you come here! I want to tell you something!"

I left my office and met Eda outside, and we walked downstairs and saw Sophie - ugh - clinging to Keefe. They both had bright smiles.

"Dad..." uh oh. Sophie looked a little nervous. She held out her hand. Why did she- AHHH AHHH. NOOOOO NOOOO NOOO NOOOO! THIS A DISASTER! A HORRIFIC EVENT! WHYYY? But......Sophie looked so happy, I tried to look happy. Edaline, had no such problem. She squealed and squashed the two of them in a hug, and both of them blushed.

"Are - Are you two, engaged?"

Keefe looked really nervous, and Sophie just sighed.

"Dad. Look, I know you have...um...particular opinions, about um, everything, but really. This will make me happy! Isn't that good enough?"

I sighed, and walked over to the two of them. I gave Sophie a big hug.

"I suppose it is Kiddo. Congratulations."

Then I turned to Keefe and gave him an awkward hug too. He looked really nervous when I pulled away, but it probably didn't help that I had whispered in his ear,

"If you hurt her, I swear I will hunt you down and you will regret it."

We all sat down, and me and Keefe stared - ok, KEEFE stared anywhere but me, and I might've glared at him a little. Ok a lot. But, when the sun finally went down, Keefe got up and announced that he had to get back or Ro might kill him. He hugged Sophie, then - Ugh - kissed her, smiled at me and Edaline and leaped away. It was silent, but I had to break it.

"Soooo. You're engaged to That Boy?"

Sophie groaned.

"Daddddddd!"

So I wanted to write this chapter because I love how Grady is always staring my boy HunkyHair down, so ya. I love Grady so much. He's great. 

-LoveBooks151515