𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 | 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐰𝐨

Chapter Thirty-Two; Her eyes have a chance_________________________

_________________________

December
Oahu, Hawaii
Haleiwa

"I hope nothing is wrong with her." Kimo worriedly sits down on the chair next to Roselani. Nalani sits on the other side next to her daughter, holding her purse tightly. The parents still had their work uniforms on. The doctor of the eye hospital called if they had time for an appointment as fast as possible, so they picked Roselani up from the ballet studio.

"There's nothing wrong with me, I feel perfectly fine," Roselani assured, her mother took her hand.

The doctor smiled. "Don't worry it's not bad news. I have good news!" Her parents glanced at each other and back at him. "I have talked to an eye doctor specialist Dr.Jeff in Rotterdam about Roselani's condition her Leber congenital amaurosis and he concluded that he can help her with the treatment Roselani needs-."

"What do you mean?" Roselani asks confused.

"The gene therapy you have waited for fifteen years finally can start, Roselani. The Netherlands has developed further with this technique that you can get the treatment. After Dr.Jeff heard your story, he gladly wants to help you. The five years of waiting isn't necessary anymore." He smiled.

Her mother gasp covering her mouth, she teared up. So is Roselani's father. "He first wants to meet you and take a look at your eyes before he and also you made a decision. Is it okay if I send the information I have from Roselani to him? He may show it to the students of the Medical school there." He asks but the parents couldn't react they were still in shock.

Roselani nods. "Yes, of course." She softly said.

She didn't have the realization yet because for Roselani is this too good to be true. On their way back home the parents couldn't stop talking about how happy they are that their daughter finally got the chance. But Roselani didn't have her opinion yet.

After a long conversation with her grandfather, she sits on the bed with her knees up. Kale walks into her room, glancing at her sister curiously. He sits down on her bed. "We finally can play soccer with each other!" He started, Roselani smiled a little. "What's the matter? Aren't you happy? I am!"

"It's not that, I just don't know what to think." Kale nods and stands back up, Roselani felt it. "Wait don't go yet." She spread her arms, Kale smiled and lie in his sister's arms. He closes his eyes lying comfortably, Roselani caresses his dark curly hair sniffing on it as well, she smells the usual scent of her brother. "Thank you so much for being here with me." She whispered and planted her lips on his head.